Wednesday 24 April 2024

WOYWW 777

 Happy WOYWW deskers... time to share our crafty creative messes  spaces again . Head to Julia's The Stamping-Ground for all the details.

I didn't get much done this week at all; Sunday started early with the F1 grand prix then the London Marathon, then football, so it was a bit sporty! (best way, all from the sofa!) 

but I used a little of the new Versafine inks (in the background) for a birthday card,

the flowers are die cut from the leftover half of the Distress inked paper from last week!

close up...








i did start another card but only got as far as a background with the inks and painted with the Mattint glazes. 


I forgot to photograph it in daylight and when I used flash it wrecked the colours so this is a very dark non flash-lit version! 


the card blank is cream, not white, in case you wondered.

I tried to make an image for a focal point but didn't like what turned out so that has been put to one side...



Kew at the weekend was colourful, if cold.  when is Spring going to warm (and dry) up....! 
the sun did try and come out for a while, just in time for some tulip shining 

and it was nice to see the laburnum arch coming into flower. 



I may be late getting round to see you this week as it is haircut day (only the cut though) after work,   so I may be a bit late home. 

Till then, happy WOYWW and happy crafting. 



17 comments:

Sarah Brennan said...

Pretty inks and cards Helen. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #2

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Oh I love your paper flowers. And those red tulips are awesome. Nothing flowering here yet, it's cold again ! Have a great week. Happy WOYWW

Twiglet said...

Oh that card is really pretty Helen - I love the die cut flowers they stand out beautifully. Kew looks fab but we do need warmer weather to really enjoy it 😃x x Jo

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Helen, I recognise the flower die and love how you've used it. Pleased you had a good day at Kew too, the arch is coming along brilliantly. Wishing you a happy woyww, hugs Angela x8x.

Mary Anne said...

Yep, making cards is never easy, for me anyway. I like yours very much. The first one is very pretty! The arch at Kew is very pretty too :)
Happy WOYWW!
Mary Anne (5)

Lynnecrafts said...

Love your cards, Helen, and Kew is looking magnificent in your photos. I love seeing luminous tulips in the sun. The colours are sensational.
Take care and happy WOYWW
Hugs
Lynnecrafts 9 xx

Julia Dunnit said...

Haircut day...I hope you enjoy a relaxing half hour of just sitting while someone else does the work! The new ink colours are so pretty in your hands, I love the card, die cutting those leftovers works like a charm. I've been playing with the balloon dog as a background and have quite a few 'set aside' cards now. I hate it when the idea in my had won't come out on the card!

Neet said...

It's ages since I used that flower die but you have prompted me to get it out now. After I look at last week's background. It is so effective the way you have made that card, I might just have to attempt a copy of it.
Yes, where is Spring? Be glad you are down south, it's wetter up north.
Hugs, Neet 13 xx

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Love your cards, so pretty and great photos too. You've captured those tulips perfectly Michelle

Annie said...

Love the cards Helen esp the one with the flowers cut out from printed on paper. The tulips at Kew are gorgeous....Mine went over as quickly as they came this year.
Hugs,
Annie x #6

Christine said...

Love those die cut flowers, may have to try out my new dies . . . ..
Have a good week
Christine #14

Crafting With Jack said...

Love those die cut flowers. Must do some die cutting! Happy WOYWW. Angela #12

BJ said...

Love how you have used your distress paper for the diecut poppies, looks fab. I've been drawing lots of foliage like your stamp as was quite taken by it last week. Gorgeous tulip photo. Hugs BJ#11

Lindart said...

Great use of leftover distress paper- awesome!! I love that archway at Kew, must be beautiful underneath it! Have a great week, Lindart #17

My name is Cindy said...

Pretty cards and you know how I like using leftovers!! Those tulips look magnificent!! I agree about Spring - blue skies and cold I can tolerate but this cold grey miasma with a constant light drizzle is really getting me down. Have a good week, love n hugs Cindy xx

craftytrog said...

Thanks for your good wishes and lovely comments on my art journal page Helen. I hope you're keeping well.
Your cards are beautiful. I'm very tempted by the Matt Tints.
Have a great weekend.
Alison xx

Kelly said...

Good morning, Helen

Love the cards, especially the soft tones of the first one. That arch is going to be gorgeous in full bloom! Thanks for sharing. Creative Blessings & hugs! Kelly #16