Wednesday 28 December 2022

WOYWW 708

 Happy WOYWW everyone, (at least I think it's Wednesday and I think there'll be a WOYWW!)   I hope you enjoyed your Christmas.   

I don't have a desk to share today so I'll add a few photos from Christmas at my brother's.  

there were lots of presents under the tree - they took a long time to open as it is always one at a time rather than a free-for-all   
my niece likes to spread out present time!!
my brother opening one in between cooking dinner


the table was smartly laid - Christmas at my brother's is about the only time I eat at a table these days (can't get to my dining room table)


my niece and my SIL on either side at the front, my SIL's mum and dad and my nephew on the right.

brother is taking another photo at the same time...


I had rather an uncomfortable night on the air bed on the floor.... hence only staying one night (but my brother was driving his in-laws home today 
so wouldn't have been able to bring me home then too)





I had some lovely gifts, (plus a bottle of wine from my nephew which is missing from the photo)
the handbag is from my boss, the colouring book from someone at work at the rest from my brother and fmily.




Tuesday I went to Kew, pretending it was Saturday and confusing Julia, sorry!  

I'm hoping to get some time to craft today - I have to wait in for a new lens for my camera as when I got to Kew and tried to take the first photo, the auto-focus wouldn't work, and I could only take photos on manual mode.  Luckily although the camera is now several years old, the lens is still available and good old Amazon will deliver today! 

  I should at least be able to get to visit you all in a timely fashion and in the meantime will wish you a Happy New Year .  Wonder if 2023 will flash by as fast as 2022 has done!  

11 comments:

Neet said...

Glad you had a lovely Christmas surrounded by family.
Love the Kew photo - and hope the new lens arrives on time.
Hugs, Neet xx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Looks like you had a good Christmas and spending it with family makes it extra special. Good luck with the camera too. Sending hugs. Angela xXx

Annie said...

Looks like you had a lovely Christmas day. Happy New Year to you.
Hugs,
Annie x

BJ said...

Looks like a lovely time was had except for the sleeping arrangements! Happy New Year BJ#1

Sarah Brennan said...

Such a great desk share today. Happy New Year and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #4

Christine said...

Looks like you had a great Christmas, airbeds aren't the best but better than the floor!

Wishing you good health and happiness in 2023
Christine #3

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

It looks like you had a lovely time with your family, even if the airbed was uncomfortable - I would always opt to sleep in my own bed but I know it's not always possible. Frankly, I hate staying in other people's houses longer than just a couple of hours for a quick visit. You're back safely in your own home now and you can art to your heart's content - which is what I'm planning for today too! Wishing you a happy 2023! Thanks so much for stopping by! xx zsuzsa #7

Lynnecrafts said...

Glad you had a good Xmas with your family Helen. Your Kew photos are wonderful- you found so much colour at the darkest time of the year. I love the spirally euphorbias too. Wishing you a happy and healthy new year.
Hugs
Lynnecrafts 14

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I’m so glad you had a lovely time at your brother’s, you got some great prezzies! Nice to see you squeezed in an extra trip to Kew as well. Hope your new lens is fun! Wishing you health and happiness for 2023 xx
Hugs LLJ 6 xxx

Anne said...

I couldn't manage an airbed on the floor now, have done it in the past. Glad had a good time.
Wishing you a very happy and healthy 2023. Anne x 17

Julia Dunnit said...

Well, timely I’m not, sorry! Your brother is a good egg isn’t he, cooking, driving his in laws and then you….I totally get the air bed situation…not sure I’d even be able to stand up after one night! Some lovely views of Kew on Tuesday, and having so roundly cocked up the scheduling for WOYWW I was tempted to say it was your fault!! But it’s really wasn’t, I’m a little bit more in step now the week’s nearly over!!