Wednesday 14 December 2022

WOYWW 706

 Well, another week has flown by and it is time for WOYWW again..

I don't have anything remotely crafty to share with you this week... nothing, nada, zilch..

I tried to photograph my window sills decorated for Christmas... this is the living room with the battery operated flashing lights (can't have ones that need a power supply as I can't clear the space to a socket...


forgive the reflections in the window, can't do anything about that ! 
the huge piles of crafty overflow supplies don't do much for the look either!



I decided to write the Christmas cards and post them after all, as I was starting to receive some in the post so figured that some "proper" mail was getting through the backlogs.. so fingers crossed!







Last Saturday at Kew it was really cold, and very frosty... 
the resulting photos were worth it though.  

the cold did for my phone though, the battery shut down and I couldn't get it to work until I was on the way home!  It has a habit of doing this though so I think it is soon time for a replacement.





Since then, we've had snow and oh, it would have been magical to be there in the snow (we've not had much, luckily so can still get to and from work, and, strikes apart, transport is still running 

I am looking forward to another visit of course this coming Saturday, which will be the last before Christmas as they close on the 24th and 25th.  

Hope to see some much more interesting crafty spaces from all of you, I'll be round soon. 
Happy WOYWW.  

15 comments:

Sarah Brennan said...

Hope you get to see Kew in the snow Helen. Stay safe and Happy woWYW. Sarah #?

Neet said...

Oh dear, expense you could do without at Christmas (the phone) but they have become a necessity so I guess you will have to replace it some day soon.
What are those "balls" in the foreground of your sill photo? They look intriguing.
Lovely photos of Kew.
Hugs, Neet 4 xx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

I think the post keeps arriving just later than expected but it seems to be getting there. At least we've made the effort. Lovely photos again. It does sound like your phone is feeling very tired, a new one maybe become a necessity soon I think. Wishing you a very happy woyww. Hugs Angela x10x

Mary Anne said...

You are such a glass-half-full gal! "Lucky there was little snow so I could get to work...:D MOST people would wish for MORE so they could stay home. But I think the Kew photos with the frost are even nicer than it would have been blanketed in snow,or with just a dusting that would go grimy all too quickly. That's me, glass half empty...
Happy WOYWW!
Mary Anne (3)

Lynn Holland said...

Hi Helen
We have had lots of snow up here in Lancashire and it’s sticking around where we are high up on the hills.
Your photos are lovely. There’s nothing like nature for showing us beauty is there.
Stay warm and cosy
Lynn xx (11)

Christine said...

Sorry, but no snow here cos living in the Midlands does have its perks.
Loved all your frosty photos last week but it felt sooooo cold. I think you're very brave (or is it foolhardy?), whichever as the photos are worth it.
Enjoy the week
Christine #12

Annie said...

I'm whizzing round a few blogs before my first customer arrives.
I reall love your decorations and the frosty pics at Kew are gorgeous.
Hugs,
Annie x #7

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I got the battery changed in my iPhone6 for £30 and it’s been brilliant! Those pics of the hoar frost at Kew are amazing, it’s been freeze cold here but not like that. I did think about posting my cards but am going to keep them for next year now.
Hugs LLJ 8 xx

Crafting With Jack said...

Fabulous frosty photographs. I didn’t realise phone batteries could “die” in the cold! Happy WOYWW. Angela #5

Lindart said...

Wow! What beautiful frosty photos! Spectacular! Too bad you phone doesn't like the cold! Your window looks lovely, I bet it also looks lovely from the outside! Have a great week, Lindart #16

Lynnecrafts said...

Hi Helen, sounds like you need a new phone battery. It only takes the shops about half an hour to change them. You could do without the hassle at this time of year, though.
Your frosty Kew photos are beautiful - I loved all the closeups of frosty leaves
Take care and happy WOYWW
hugs
Lynnecrafts 14

Julia Dunnit said...

I sort of feel the same as your phone, the sort of cold we’ve been having makes me want to shut down too! Beautiful pics from Kew, but really, brrr….did you have to force yourself out of bed on Saturday morning?. I would have had to! I,love twinkly lights in windows, your houses are lovely.

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Some great photos, We missed most of the storms but snow forecast for tomorrow Enjoy your time out if you have good weather. Thanks for the visit

BJ said...

Oh wow doesn't Kew look amazing in the snow/frost. My hubby's phone died too in the cold, I meant it has been really cold. I cancelled badminton tonight, couldn't face scraping the car AGAIN, and driving on the roads again in this. Keep warm BJ#13

Carmen said...

I'm loving the frostiness at the moment, that crunch when you walk. HAve to be careful though as I can fall over thin air but it is beautiful - as are your photos.

Carmen x (Don't worry about a return, I haven't posted. Great start!)