Wednesday 21 December 2022

WOYWW 707

 Good morning fellow deskers and welcome to the last desk before Christmas....I'm still not ready!  

But, tis Wednesday, tis time for WOYWW  and time to meet Julia and fellow deskers to see what crafty wonders they've been up to...

I am sharing the "desk" this week, slightly stages with a wrapped gift ready to have a label added,  

and I folded a scrap of leftover masterboard I was using for Christmas cards, to fashion a little "purse" to hold a monetary gift for my niece.. loosely tied as I haven't yet got the cash from the bank to add to it!


had the light been better when I was rummaging in the ribbon box I might have found one that matched better....



I've had a last minute invitation to my brother's for Christmas (he's quite local, but due to Covid we've not got together for the last few Christmasses...) so my planned Christmas dinner for one will wait until I am home again.  It will be good to catch up with him, my SIL, niece and nephew and my SIL's parents.. 

Last Saturday was the last pre-Christmas visit to Kew (they are shut this coming Saturday, Christmas Eve)  and there was leftover snow and much beauty... here's a sneak peak in case you don't have time to visit the whole blogful!

the dogwoods round the pond were stunning in the wintery sun
loved the icicles on the statue's hand
my mate Kim and I did laugh at the gulls sliding on the ice on the lake as they landed! 

so that's all for this week,  just time to wish you all a very Merry Christmas and good wishes for the new year - hope to see some of you next week in between the festivities.

thanks for visiting. 

17 comments:

Neet said...

So glad you are spending Christmas with family, ours will be just the two of us and our Christmas tree and the TV.the
Love the Kew photos, so sorry you will miss out on Saturday, we watched a programme showing Kew at Christmas and thought of you.
Hugs & Merry Christmas, Neet 2 xx

brenda said...

Happy Christmas Helen, enjoy your day with family, as you say it's nice to get back to a bit of Christmas normality.

B x

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Beautiful photos Helen and so pleased to hear you will have someone to share Christmas with this year hope it's full of smiles. Sending woyww hugs, Angela x8x

Julia Dunnit said...

I didn’t have my glasses on when I arrived at your blog post, and for a moment I thought you’d taken up rock painting. Turns out it’s a wrapped present! Man, my eyes are so unreliable! I have a couple of monetary gifts…you’ve given me a lovely quick idea, thank you! Have a nice day with your Bro and his family, nice to now have two Christmas dinners to relish! See you in between! Happy Christmasxxxxxx

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Great use of the masterboard there, I think you’ll have inspired deskers to make some present envelopes that way! Yay for going to your bro for Christmas, hope you have a lovely day with the family. I’d have laughed at the gulls too, the silvery light makes that a great pic!
Merry Christmas and all the best for 2023,
Hugs LLJ 7 xx

Annie said...

I'm thrilled to hear your spending Christmas with your family....really hope it's a great one.
Hugs,
Annie x #10

Christine said...

Are we supposed to guess what the present is? I guess a bedpan but then again it could be a balloon . . . .
have a wonderful Christmas with the family
Love and hugs
Christine #12

Diana Taylor said...

Love the little gift box, I'm making a couple today with hubby's help for my nephews, it's about as crafty as I'm getting this year! Hope you have a lovely Christmas with your family,
Diana xx #11

Lynnecrafts said...

Beautiful photos Helen. I like the little pocket too. Hope you have a good time with your family.
Have a happy and healthy Xmas
Hugs
Lynnecrafts 4

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Enjoyed all your photos. And I love the photo Jan shared of You. A great photo. May you and yours enjoy a wonderful holiday week Merry, Merry Christmas

Crafting With Jack said...

Wishing you a very happy Christmas Helen x Angela #15

BJ said...

Great that you got the invite, just me and hubby this year, son isn't coming home but we did get a video call earlier as he opened his birthday presents. Sending Christmas Warmth and Hugs BJK#9

Lindart said...

That staue looks very cold...brrr! They should give him a winter coat! Happy that you will be with family this year, have a wonderful Christmas! Lindart #17

Anne said...

Hello Helen. How lovely you are spending time with family. I too still have to make money wallets - for grandchildren.
Hope you have a very Happy Christmas. Anne x 14

Twiglet said...

Have a lovely day with your family Helen - it's good to be with friends but also lovely to enjoy a peaceful relaxing time in your own space too! I love that little master board ouch. Perfect for the job. Happy Christmas - love and good wishes - Jo x x

Mary Anne said...

Not great around Chez Walters so I'll just say tha gift bag is sweet and Kew, lovely as ever!

Late WOYWW, sorry - COVID in da' house :(

Happy Healthy Merry Christmas to you!
Mary Anne (5)

My name is Cindy said...

Hi Helen, thanks for your earlier visit!! I really am running behind but everything else is pretty much done and a quiet day at home for me today - I'd love to do a bit of crafting but think it's best to just finish whatever's lying about and get the house finally ready for Christmas. Your Kew pictures as ever are stunning - I saw a photo of a 'hedge' that was covered in dramatic icicles where water thrown up by passing cars had frozen and thought of you!! How cold must it have been there? Brrr!! Glad to hear you've had a family Christmas invite - I'm sure it'll be a nice to be with company and you can have your 'single' festive lunch some other time!! Wishing you a wonderful Christmas and I should be about next week, here's hoping!! Happy WOYWW, love n hugs Cindyxx