Sunday 20 January 2019

Don't all faint... I've crafted.

I felt well enough this morning to carry on with the part-played with journal page that was on my WOYWW post on Wednesday (it's really only the annoying cough that is left) 

and the sun shone, so much that I had trouble photographing the pages for the blog!

 the background was inspired by Seth Apter I love his layers of background paints and stamping  - just keep going he says.


the page needs some words for a title... not sure yet what, so leaving it here for now.

 I hadn't been going to use the butterflies I'd die cut on this page until one comment said how good they'd look over the blue..

which got me thinking.

and then I was watching a video from Creativation of Seth's new release embossing powders, and I decided to use some of his existing Baked Texture release... oh yum I'd forgotten how I loved them!
 some close ups

 supplies -  paints by Paperartsy, stamps by Paperartsy and Seth for Impression Obsession;
embossing powders - Baked Texture by Seth for Emerald Creek;  die by Sizzix ; archival inks by Ranger
just look at the sun!  I am not complaining, obviously

 (wish it had been sunny yesterday at Kew, but they did say today would be the better day of the weekend here)



9 comments:

Hazel Agnew said...

A great start Helen and hope that it has encouraged you to do more. Love looking at your art! Xx 😀

Artyjen said...

The butterflies do show up well....a gorgeous blue page xoxo Sioux

Sarah Brennan said...

Glad you're feeling better and back to crafting Helen. I like the contrast between the background and the butterflies .

craftytrog said...

Fabulous! I was right! Hahaha
That background is gorgeous!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

This is beautiful. I also like the brown butterflies over the blue background. Those embossing powders look yummy.

Krisha said...

So sorry to hear you have not been feeling well......darn it!
Your journal pages are just gorgeous.....and so is the sun shine.
Have a great week, and keep getting better.

Words and Pictures said...

Glad to hear you're almost there. I only stopped coughing yesterday, and I started well before Christmas.

Love those butterflies (haven't opened mine yet, but of course I had to buy them!) and the Seth-inspired background is full of depth... very cool.
Alison x

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Lovely pages Helen. Love the butterfly. Tracy x

Miriam said...

Great pages.... Love this. I love that butterfly too... I bought it straight away!