Thursday 10 January 2013

Inspired by - Michelle Webb with Frescos

The fabulous people at Paperartsy have a new Guest Design team working with them this year to help us embrace all things Paperartsy, with challenges along the way.

Now, you MAY have noticed (ahem!) that I am partial to a Paperartsy product or twenty so this is right up my street!

The first Guest Designer is the lovely Michelle Webb from TheHobbyRoom - just check out her fabulous creations!

I decided to tackle a canvas.  Michelle covered her wooden piece with torn poem pages, and painted over that, but I painted the canvas first and then used torn tissue wrap to partially cover the canvas.  I forgot to take step by step photos - too keen to get on!!

I used Baltic Blue, Beach Hut (it's new to me, just arrived this week, and is YUMMY) and white. I gave the whole canvas a light gesso wash to knock it back a little, before stencilling the bubbles in baltic blue again.


Then I took the leafy vine stencil (I've been dying to use this since it came to me just before Christmas...) I used puff paint applied with a paint brush and spread with an old credit card, before puffing it and adding some Fresco paint in Limelight.

Did some random stamping of a script stamp (Mini MN61) in black archival ink, rolling the stamp to ensure I only got part of the script.
for my main image I took the seed head stamp (Hot Pick 1005, this remains one of my favourite images) and stamped it on the Paperartsy Crackly paper, in black. I painted a light coat of Honeydew Fresco on the reverse of the seed head, before cutting it out and gluing it to the canvas.  The text is the beautifully written text from the JoFY new collection, and although they're not strictly speaking, flowers, well you get the idea!

So, a big thank you to Michelle for the inspiration, and Paperartsy for putting together this new GD team (run by the delightful Gillian ) I can see we are all going to have lots of fun with this. (there are even prizes on offer!!)

14 comments:

Pinksparklegirl said...

Looks great Helen, love the stenciling

Michelle Webb said...

Oooh Helen it's wonderful! Brilliant colour tones there and the stamps are fab. Painting puff paint is a great idea. Really pleased you got all painty today. Good luck with the competition. Michelle xx

Alison said...

Beautiful!!! x

Anonymous said...

You created a gorgeous canvas, I love it.

Netty said...

smashing canvas Helen, loving the great colours. x

Gillian .... said...

Helen lovely to see you have been inspired to play along, didn't know you were partial to PA goodies lol. Smashing colour combo's to your canvas. Jo's text works perfectly with that stamp. Thanks again for playing along. x

flutterbycrafter said...

Wonderful canvas, lovely colours really like the stamps you've used

Minxy said...

Ooooo nice project Helen, love the background x

Carmen said...

Well, you hid that addiction well ;)

This is lovely, love all the lovely layers :-)

Inkypinkycraft said...

Love the colours you have used and lovethe layers ...you have created! Good luck, looks like you have fun! Trace x

Lori said...

This is wonderful, I love those circles!

PaperArtsy said...

I cannot believe you only just got BEACH HUT!!!! Seriously, it is my #1 colour. It goes with every other colour. #gobsmacked

Thanks for playing with us, the canvas looks amaze.

Leandra xx

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Helen, love all the layers and beautiful colours xx

Virginia said...

Oh Helen that's gorgeous, loving the colours, the process, the look and the sentiment - beautiful stuff!