I was keen to try out my new texture fade (pattern and stitches) that I received yesterday and got out a canvas to paint - for a change from my journal!
I went for distress stains to colour it - mustard seed and scattered straw, as it has been such a sunny day today I thought I'd celebrate the brightness outside, inside too!
I cut some strips of rusty coloured mulberry paper and embossed the stitches from the texture fade and fixed them to the canvas. The top corner looked very bare so rummaged around for some tattered floral die cuts from my stash (see, save everything!) and added a button.
As I was starting this, I saw a tweet from Sarah Hurley reminding me of a challenge on her challenge blogsite, that closes tomorrow - to use die cuts - how perfect is that - so I'm entering it there.