Sunday 26 February 2012

Got to get you into my LIFE

Hels' Sunday Stampers challenge is "life" based on the above Beatles track, for the late George Harrison's birthday. The theme being 'life' I turned to some Tim stamps and my journal and Fresco paints (claret and autumn fire)

I am ecstatic this afternoon as Liverpool overcame Cardiff after penalties in the Carling Cup Final and before it started I was working on this, then during when it got too tense to watch.... but not the penalty shoot-out, for that I had to hide outside the living room peaking round the door...you know: can't watch, can't NOT watch!

Used some of the Tim H tissue wrap, stamps and some stencilling with a Hero Arts alphabet set for Live and Life stamped in the circles (magenta archival)

off to celebrate some more now!

14 comments:

Unknown said...

Ooooh this is lovely Helen! The colours are fabulous as is your lettering! Glad you survived the football! I have spent the afternoon with one very unhappy Spurs fan!

flutterbycrafter said...

Love those colours, great page, congrats to your team, even I watched it, now theres a first xx

Gabrielle said...

I like this lots! Perfect colours for today's result! Much congratulatory love xxx

Artyjen said...

Fabulous colours.....and snap I've used those birds on my little page too! LOL
xoxo Sioux

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Great journal pages, love the layers of interest. Tracy x

Cath Wilson said...

Wonderful colours and a great design. LOVE my Hero Arts alphabets and use them so often. Brilliant x

Carol said...

I love your journal pages, I like you was watching Liverpool playing with my husband, we were both so wound up by the match- but at least Liverpool won.

Lesley Edmonds said...

Lovely pages. All the elements just hang together so well. Was thinking of you as I was watching the shoot out!!! (I was waiting for Countryfile myself!!!)
x

brenda said...

Lovely fusion of colours Helen.

I watched the shoot out through folded fingers, nerves just about stable again, why do we make life so difficult ? But it's a good basis for going forward.

B x

Hels Sheridan said...

Fabby bright colours Helen... I was thinking about you when it got to Penalties... I had to endure them last year when Luton were up against Wimbledon in the play off's...losing on penalties... and then a three hour journey home... garrr... Anyways.. love the pages... you are rocking those pages! Thanks for joining in with the Sunday STamper x

Elaine said...

Oooh thats lovely and bright - love the birds flying up from the music!

Lori said...

Wow Helen! Your journal pages are just coming along so nicely! Really lovely work!

Rita said...

Fabulous work. I'd love to do a journal. hugs Rita xx

Redanne said...

The colours are lovely and great use of the tissue, not quite sure what to do with it yet, so feel inspired to use it now.