Wednesday 6 March 2024

WOYWW 770

 Happy WOYWW and happy March. we find ourselves at Wednesday again.. head to Julia's for the details to share your crafty spaces..

more new goodies!  Paperartsy Mattints -  matt glazes with gorgeous colours... 

I resisted the first 4 (top row) when they were launched a while back but a fantastic Facebook live last week by Leandra with a demonstration changed all that!
it was like being back at the Ally Pally craft shows watching her demo for hours on end.. though a lot more comfortable from my sofa!

you can still catch it on Facebook in the Paperartsy People group. 

I hope I have linked the post with the session in it... 
I also stamped out the new Dina images that came last week 
and the little faces (small versions of previously releases full sized stamps) 


I had a play with them in the small white Dina journal














and then it was time to play with the Mattints


I prepped the background whilst the painted tissue (see below)  was drying.



the stripy colours are the leftover tints just added to the journal then added some stencilling (numbers) and stamping
the images I painted with the tints are from the Paperatsy printed tissue - and now I need to buy some more of those too -  the ones I have are from the original sheets that Paperartsy used to use as packaging to their suppliers before they decided to sell them!


they are now producing sheets from several of their signature designers stamp ranges and .... yes, I need them!


the tints are transparent glazes and can be layered and blended and you don't lose any of the tissue design .  I see lots of opportunities.






here's a tag I coloured as my first play with them too


you can build up layers of colour to intensify the tint - and not lose the stamped design, 



ok, I feel like I'm on a sales pitch, and I am really not; just excited! 





time to wish you happy WOYWW  and leave you to a soggy Kew at the weekend..

plenty of puddle picture opportunities...
but also signs of spring abounding! 

See you soon!  







17 comments:

Neet said...

Even a wet Kew provides photo opportunities for the eagle eyed talented photographer.
Great purchases, no time to stop any longer as I must check out that link - I miss Leandra being at Port Sunny (my equivalent of Ally Pally) - love the little faces!
Hugs, Neet 3 xx

Sarah Brennan said...

Quick visit thanks to heading off to London. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #4

brenda said...

Lots of lovely inky indulgence again Helen and why not.

We go again tonight, wonder who'll be fit.

B x

BJ said...

Oh look at me I read the paints as Martinis and I don't even drink! Love your enthusiasm for the paints and the link looks right and really colourful and inviting. Love your layered backgrounds, I really ought to do better with mine but I'm just too impatient! Super tree puddle photo it's lovely spotting things like that. I had a heart of bubbles on the kitchen sink this week, made me smile. Hugs BJ#5

Twiglet said...

Your new stuff certainly looks fun and there is nothing wrong with getting excited at the thought of more crafty activity. Enjoy! x x Jo

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Helen, I will pop back later to have a look at the link. Looks like you're having fun. Do you get these directly from Paper Artsy as I believe they arte in France now. Have a happy and creative woyww. Hugs Angela x9x

Diana Taylor said...

I'm loving your pages with the tints - they give a lovely effect and I can see why you like them so much. The puddle shot is fab and it's so nice to see the blossom starting to bloom now - feels like we really are heading towards spring.
Have a good week,
Diana xx #11

Lynnecrafts said...

Glad you’re enjoying your new stash; the tag is pretty.
Such dedication at a soaking wet Kew! The chameleons showed up well this week and I loved your aloe turtle and salvia birds. I must check out a magnolia along from us. Everything is so early this year.
Take care and happy WOYWW
Hugs
Lynnecrafts 13 xx

Christine said...

First off
THANK YOU
for the tip about checking the size of the photo on the phone . . . . I thought folks didn't realise they hadn't included everything in their photos . . . marvellous to see the whole picture, I didn't realise that pc altered photos.
Love all those paints test outs, will go and watch the videos . . .
You're a mine of information this week . . . more than usual . . .
Have a good week
Christine #15

Lisa-Jane Johnson said...

Great stencil from Dina - I really like ones you can use over and over even if you only use part so this is right up my street. Those paints sound similar to the effect with the Shimmers but they are hard and take a bit of effort to activate. Maybe I need to look at these ones? Gah! Have a great week, Lisa-Jane #14

My name is Cindy said...

Hiya Helen! made the orchids last week but have to say I was a little underwhelmed, perhaps I need to take a year off though I suspect it had to do more with the pouring rain and my low mood after coming home from holiday!!
i am supposed to be in a no spend craft situation but those matt tints do sound interesting. I do miss those demos!! Have a good week, love n hugs Cindy xx #12

Annie said...

I love what you've been working on this week....fab colours.
Hugs,
Annie x #8

Crafting With Jack said...

Lovely to see signs of spring coming up. Must go and have a look at those lovely Paperartsy goodies.
Happy WOYWW. Angela #10

Julia Dunnit said...

I do admire your dedication to Kew. A wet and cold Saturday like last week would have kept me firmly in bed. But then, I don't see photo ops in puddles! great pics. These tints look very interesting, specially as you say they done lose stamped detail on build up...very nice.

Chana Malkah said...

I have resisted the glazes and intend to go on doing so for as long as I can! :D) They are lovely!

WoW! You have had another busy week and produced a fabulous project! I love the colors!

Enjoy the remainder of your week!
Hugz,
Chana Malkah, WOYWW #19

Mary Anne said...

Really enjoyed your more detailed AJ posts this week! Also off to watch that demo :)
Sorry to be late but Happy WOYWW!
Mary Anne (6)

Susan Renshaw said...

I too am off to watch that demo...I have always loved PaperArtsy paints so maybe I NEED some of these!
With very best wishes for a Happy WOYWW!
I am determined to call and comment on all of you this week!
Susan #1
Calling All Crafters! – My Blog!