Wednesday 28 February 2024

WOYWW 769

 Another Wednesday, another month done, just about... another Wednesday another new goodies reveal...

Happy WOYWW indeed!  head to Julia's for the link to the rest of the desks. 

Dina this time.. new stamps and stencils 
you can't really tell from the first photo what this is -  a branchy mask and stencil - a revisit on a long sold out design that is re-introduced 
YAY

Not had chance to play yet, they only just arrived. 



page in the black Dina journal from the weekend, playing with the new Dina colours again.  
and a page in the kraft journal too

I actually tore out a sheet of the Dina Collage Sparks collective  - A6 sized double sided pieces of Dina's art to spark your imagination.. I decided it was time to USE one of them... I added to it with a stamped image (right hand side of the front here), one of her male figures stamps) and some transparency (get me, using those as well!)  
the trouble with double sided pieces of art or patterned paper or whatever, is you have to either sacrifice one side, or find a way to add it to your substrate so you can see both sides...  I used a strip of the Dina sticky back canvas tape (first time using that too... what's wrong with me!)

i quite liked the colours on the kraft page (mainly the new mustard paint)  that I didn't want to totally cover that up so instead of using the Dina circles stencil that would blot out the colour, I drew round the circles instead... 


It just remains to link Saturday's trip to Kew and the orchids again 

well ok, I know this isn't an orchid, but I love the purple! 
these are orchids though!  



Have a happy desk-hop and see you soon!  

19 comments:

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Helen, I was only looking at that stencil the other day as I have the matching stamp from ages ago, might just have to try and get it. Wishing you a very happy woyww, Angela x9x

Mary Anne said...

So is it REALLY the same as the old one or just similar? I really wanted that one for AGES but somehow it is not hitting me the same. I do love how you added the flip, great idea. I have two Dina collage books but mine are USletter sized pages and yeah, I hate having to choose. Those orchids too! Lovely - and I agree about the purple edged leaves. Gorgeous.
Happy WOYWW!
Mary Anne (8)

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Lovely to see you having such fun with your pages - colour!! Nice new stash too, love the design, I’m sure you’ll get a lot of use out of that. Is that really an orchid at Kew? I’ve never seen one like that ever…always something new to learn on the desks!
Thanks for your kind words today,
Hugs LLJ 5 xx

Diana Taylor said...

Ooh lovely new stash - I really like the sketched faces, I could imagine you'd get a lot of mileage out of those - I'm feeling tempted! I love the journal pages too, gorgeous colours and textures, and I'm definitely off to investigate stick back canvas tape in a minute! That leaf - who'd have thought bright purple and dark green could look so stunning.
Have a great week,
Diana xx #12

Christine said...

Love your new stash . . . . especially the circled faces . . . . might be tempted there . . . . you naughty girl!!!
enjoy using the rest of it all
Christine #15

brenda said...

Lots of lovely inky indulgence Helen. The 'kids' did well, couldn't resist that photo on my blog, mind you a few thought I'd lost the plot!

B x

Neet said...

Those new colours you used look great like that, what a fab page. Why not take a copy of the back side of the pages if you want to use both? I know lots of people do that with papers they don't want to use.
Love that purple edged leaf too.
Hugs Neet xx 3
ps will tell next week what I did re the rollator

Annie said...

love the latest page and the new stash you've bought....I'm sure you will get lots of use out of that.
Hugs,
Annie x #7

Lynnecrafts said...

Lovely to see you having fun with your new stash. Really excellent photos of Kew this week, Helen. I particularly loved a new fern unfurling, all the closeups of the orchids, and of a salvia that looks like a little bird, flying. The big bird, snake, chameleon and lemur photos were lovely too.
Take care and happy WOYWW
Hugs
Lynnecrafts 4 xx

Crafting With Jack said...

Great new stash. Great pages too, I agree with you about doubled sided goodness. Sometimes I scan the piece so I don’t have to “lose” the other side. Happy WOYWW. Angela #11

Sarah Brennan said...

Glad you are having fun with the new stash Helen. Visiting having been up to the hospital with Hubby getting additional pain relief. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #14

Spyder said...

oh wow, you have been busy! loving the colours and that scribbly affect, brillianT! (with a capital T! Happy WOYWW!?~((Lyn) #16

Lindart said...

Love you journal pages! I have many of those Dina Wakely stamps and her pages as well, even the sticky canvas tape! It's funny how we but these things, and almost hoard them, never using them just in case we run out...but we do NEED to use them! Good for you! Lots of new toys to play with, that's fun too! The purple leaves are very interesting - you could maybe use your new stencil to mimic them! Have a great week, Lindart #19

Kelly said...

Hi Helen.
I never could get into Dina's stuff but your pages are well done. Love that purple passion. I had one eons ago. I'm slowly building my plants back up.
Creative Blessings! ~ Kelly #17

BJ said...

Super cool using new stuff for the first time, well done you. I didn't have the right colour paint today so mixed my own, that really pleased me! Know what you mean about double sided stuff. I sacrificed today but did take photos of the backs beforehand. Loving all the stash, I'm waiting for a couple of things but they didn't come today, should be here by next week though. Hugs BJ#10

Lisa-Jane Johnson said...

I think drawing around those circles was inspired! I love the losenge type stencil top right too. Great idea with the 'tip in' (as it's known in the planner world). Have a great week, Lisa-Jane #13

Susan Renshaw said...

What a lot of inspiration here today. Must look at one of that Dina stuff! Mustard is one of my favourite colours... Happy WOYWW! Susan #1

Twiglet said...

What lovely pages. I love to see what you are doing - I just wish I had the skills! x x Jo

Kathryn Frantz said...

Wow! Helen! So motivating! And love the purples!