Wednesday 21 June 2023

WOYWW 733

 Hello deskers,  Wednesday has rolled round again, and it's time for WOYWW with Julia and the gang. 

Some of you have seen my post from my first day out of my week's holiday from work (here if not) which started by going to Hampton Court to find it shut!!  and after that Tuesday was a quiet day...watching the Ashes (cricket) once the rain stopped.  Shame about the result, but it was exciting! 

I have managed a bit of journal play - just trying out new stamps/stencils rather than finished pages. 

first, in the Dina blue journal, on a denim page, stencilled with Paperartsy paints in lemon meringue and toffee apple; the Sunshine stencil by Dina 

think its the first time I've used those colours... 
then in my A5 journal, the background is distress oxide in villanous purple and uncharted mariner,  just lightly applied and blended with gesso. 

cut out the Paperartsy numbers I stamped last week and glued them to the page. 
then I used this stencil, and applied 3 colours, just turning the stencil to get a plaid effect.
Oxide inks in lumberjack plaid, villainous purple and mustard seed
and then cut out the Paperartsy mini stamps by Lynne Perella.

I had 4 left but decided 3 was a better number.

used 2 of the others to add to a card that I started months ago, and never added a focal point,  for my cousin who's birthday is Sunday, day before me (she's a year older though)  














last Saturday (seems a long time ago now) was of course Kew,  pics here 






I'll be going out on Wednesday, not quite sure where yet, probably give Hampton Court a go again (ha ha; at least I know they'll be open.) so I may be late visiting.   In the meantime, happy WOYWW  

18 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I still LOVE those numbers. Great stamps. You have some marvelous stencils and I like how you used them, especially the "plaid."

Wow. I'm impressed with those new Lynne Perella stamps. And I think the birthday card is fabulous. Does this mean your birthday is next Monday? I need to add that to my calendar.

No number yet of course.

Sarah Brennan said...

Hope your day out goes more to plan today Helen. Glad you have had some time to play too. The pages look great. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #3

BJ said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY for last Monday, now I understand the week off! Sorry Hampton Court was shut though what a pickle, hope you get to visit there today instead. Love how you rotated on of your stencils and villanous purple seems to be the favourite colour this week! Hugs BJ#6

BJ said...

Oops I meant next Monday! The heat is getting to me somewhat! BJ

Twiglet said...

All the best for your birthday Helen. You have certainly had a lovely crafty break there! Enjoy the rest of your week. x Jo

Anne said...

Hope your visit today is successful! Enjoy rest of your week off, hope there will be more fab crafting. Anne x 12

Neet said...

My word you have been busy on the crafting front, good to see. and I love that first one, the (nbus) colours work so well on the denim page.
That's a gorgeous flower from Kew.
Happy Birthday when it comes
Hugs, Neet xx 4

My name is Cindy said...

I’m liking those lynn perilla stamps. I haven’t been keeping up with what she’s doing lately but they look a tad quirkier than usual. Hope you manage to get to Hampton Court, the wildflowers looked stunning. Will you send me your addy? I have a card for you but no address at the. Mo. Have a lovely creative week, love n hugs, Cindyxx #13

Annie said...

I love the blue in your first pic. Hope you have a lovely birthday on Monday.
Hugs,
Annie x #8

Lynnecrafts said...

Happy belated birthday, Helen! Your journal pages look beautiful. The light through the petals you photographed at Kew were gorgeous!
Take care and happy WOYWW
Hugs
Lynnecrafts 10 xxx

brenda said...

Great pages and hope Hampton works out today. As you say great match, just a shame we seemed to give it away in the last few overs.

B x

brenda said...

Me again, Happy Birthday for Monday, hubby same day, I'm the next along with a Grandson and a Granddaughter, we're like trains that week. You sound like me, stuck on 39.

B x

Lindart said...

Love the numbers, must see if I can find them! Very creative use of the stencil, and I like what you did with that page. Paper Artsy is one of my favourite companies, but I don't have very many of their stamps :-( I love the Birthday Card! Have a great week, Lindart #16

Crafting With Jack said...

Wishing you a very happy birthday for Monday. Love the stamps you have used today. Your Kew flowers are beautiful. I always keep the zoom lens won my camera, most of the shots I take need it, the other lense doesn’t get used, but lately I have been taking pictures of buildings and I really needed the wider angle lense. You can’t always get back far enough to take just one shot. Happy WOYWW. Angela #14

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Helen, I'm having a quick trip round now I'm back from thr show. I am loving the stencil. Hope your week off ois going well. I saw the photos of Hampton Court, lovely place. Wishing you a happy belated woyww, Angela x11x

Mary Anne said...

Still loving those numbers and the LP stamps. Surprising not to see Dina, but I think these are just too fun, and maybe more interesting. Shame about HCP being shut. Isn't that always the way?
Happy (late, cause I was knitting) WOYWW!
Mary Anne (5)

Marit said...

The fun of playing with stencils and inks shows, love it! Thanks for your visit to my blog yesterday, have a good week! Love from Holland, Marit #15

Julia Dunnit said...

Yup, I definitely want a job naming the paint colours! villainous purple and toffee apple, lovely. I'm a day late because of being out in the sun with my sisters, hope you've had a marvellous day at HC...it will certainly have been better than Monday, so that's ok!!
Loving the plaid stencil work, what a great blast of colours!