Sunday 28 January 2018

Journal page for a challenge prompt...

this week, the small group I am in challenging ourselves,  were set "people/photos"

I have no step by step photos this week as I got carried away in my A4 journal
I had leftover paint (I think the pink was Spanish Mulberry and Bora Bora) that I had wiped in the journal, very light patches to clean off the cut and dry foam.


However, I decided to make stripes so added more of both, and then knocked them back with gesso.

 I used two of the figures from a Dina Wakley set starting from the middle and working out so they look like they're kind of dancing..


Managed to get a photo in daylight so the colour is a bit more realistic here...



the quote is a Kaisercraft stamp, I just cut it into pieces.   then I stamped a second time and cut individual words

scribbled round them with a micron pen.








finally I edged the page with Picked Raspberry and I think a little swipe of Salty Ocean,  distress oxide


quick and simple, took maybe 15 minutes

5 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

WOW. I love this. They DO look like they are dancing. What a fun spread and very inspiring, too, Helen.

craftytrog said...

A wonderful, joyful spread! xx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

This all works together so well. love it xXx

Words and Pictures said...

Those Dina women are just wonderful - love how you've got them dancing together.
Alison x

pearshapedcrafting said...

I love the idea of these figures dancing - a fabulous page dear Helen! Chrisx