along with a few friends I am participating in a series of prompts to stir us into creativity..after a very non-creative year (for me especially)
I didn't share my first project (frames) because I didn't like it - couldn't find a decent frame - but this week the prompt picked out of a hat was "wings" (needless to say whilst looking for things for the wings prompt I have found LOADS of frames..... hey ho!)
I took an mdf tag (it's about 10 by 5 1/2 inches ) - in my 2018 challenge to myself to USE STUFF UP.
and Decoart crackle paste. I didn't want huge cracks (which was just as well!)
Spent a couple of days deciding what I would do next...
hunted for various wing type images that might inspire me..
such beautiful colours
after a few false starts for the wings part of the challenge, I was set...
a lot of rummaging in rarely used drawers was called for (it's very good for me this!)
for the two dragonflies and a long long unused fairy (personal impressions)
I used a black sparkle embossing powder on the lower fairy and a green sparkle one on the other two. I think the base colour was distress oxide for the green one and I can't remember under other one
I needed something for them all to sit/fly amongst... I took a couple of leaf shapes (Artemio) which I painted with a variety of Fresco paints before gluing on with (hopefully) strong glue..
I did wonder if the embossing powder would stick to the pastels whilst they were still warm from the heat setting (no, is the answer!)
am quite pleased with this... by now I will know what the next prompt is going to be...