Over the last few weeks I've been faffing on the last couple of pages in my journal (really looking forward to opening a new one!) and I think they're just about finished now.
This first is the penultimate page, the journal has got very bulky now so it's more or less impossible to stamp direct on the page so I went down a different route
I had the starting point - mop up paint, some shiny washi tape - already in there...
and there is sat for a few weeks.
As luck (!) would have it, a piece of dried baby wipe fell out of the scraps box, and it was all blues and greens...
the green is actually darker in real life, I can't get it to photograph accurately
I have as you may have seen (!) been splurging on new Paperartsy stamps over the last couple of weeks
I was surprised (given that the baby wipe was quite hard and crumpled with paint) how well the stamped image worked on the surface.
I cut them loosely and stuck to the page (although as you can see, the glue hasn't grabbed everywhere)
I then found a scrap of paper and stamped one of the sentiments and inked it with Distress Oxide (cracked pistachio) and edged it with Leaf Green archival ink.
so that's page one.
when I saw the Tracy Scott stamps for Paperartsy, I thought these big stars looked reminiscent of comic book illustrations... so went with it (a great alphabet set sitting next to my craft mat had just the right sort of type face- I have no idea who it's by though)
I coloured the stars and flowers with my new Ecoline brush markers, keeping to a fairly limited colour palette - and stamped some of the little shapes from the Tracy set, in the background.
So, that's another journal actually full - not all of the pages are "finished" and I may come back and do something on the cover one day...
Thanks for looking - happy Sunday! I'm not doing much today after my mammoth day out yesterday.