Friday 17 July 2015

Time... for Paperartsy

The new theme at Paperartsy is "Time" and I have had the week off work on holiday - been out a couple of days as you may have seen, but today was a recover and rest (i.e. laze about) at home day...

I decided to have a play in my journal, with one of the new Paperartsy Hot Pick plates, that just happens to have a clock face in the collage.

I really liked Keren's use of pastels in her clean and simple card, and whilst this is nothing like that, I did use my portfoleo pastels to colour my images!
I stamped the large collage image from HP1507 on the journal page, over the smudged background (the results of the cleaning of some cut and dry foam previously)

the eagle eyed of you might spot some scissor lines..
I cut round the edges of the image, and stamped it again on the page below, allowing just part of it to show behind the top one.

 on the spare piece of paper, I stamped the tulip again and cut it out, to layer it behind the top one before sticking the two pages together; once I'd coloured the images with my portfoleo pastels.

I added a few swipes of paint on a dry piece of cut and dry foam, round the edge of the "bottom" page to bring this into the top page.


for the words, I used the text from Lin's ELB22 "every day is a blessing, every hour is a dream, every minute is a possibility"

Entering this to the Paperartsy Time challenge, here 

16 comments:

Hazel Agnew said...

Really love this Helen! It looks like a page from an old natural history book! Xx

Miriam said...

This is gorgeous Helen. I love those new stamps!!

jojo79 said...

Fab Helen. Love they way you have made two pages into onne.

Claire said...

Beautiful, love the colours and of course the new stamps too! X

Astrid Maclean said...

Brilliant Helen and such super use of those new stamps!!

Etsuko said...

What a lovely page Helen! I love the new stamps too. xx

Unknown said...

This is lovely Helen! Love the layering of images and the pretty colours. Cant wait to add these fab stamps to my stash!

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Trish said...

Beautiful! I love the pastels and layering

Craftyfield said...

Gosh these new Hot Picks are yummy... I can see you were having fun with them and the Pastels work well with them. Beautiful page!

Kirsten said...

Very nice page.

craftytrog said...

This is beautiful, really love those colours & the new stamps!

Words and Pictures said...

I love how you've layered the stamped image, Helen - and the colours are so pretty... It's definitely a must-have set!
Alison xx

SCarol said...

Gorgeous, love the pastels.

Lauren Hatwell said...

I love this set of stamps. Aren't they great. Love what you did with them. Lx

pearshapedcrafting said...

This is so beautiful! I love how you have layered your stamping! Love the quote too! Hugs, Chrisx ps Darn! Just realised I missed DD

Deborah Wainwright said...

wow what a beauty love it. got me some stamps so can play now xx