Monday 27 May 2013

Crafty Boots - Rainbows

If it's Bank Holiday where you are, I hope you are having a lovely time...

The new Crafty Boots challenge, set by Emma M, is "rainbows".   I decided that I would make a rainbow coloured tag and reached for my Dylusions sprays as they are such bright lovely colours and ideal for this.

I knew I couldn't spray a proper rainbow so I went for random sprays filling the tag. I tried to stick vaguely to proper rainbow colours!
After the base colours on the tag were dry, I took the Roman Letters stencil (crafters workshop) and the White Linen Dylusion spray, and then stamped the border stitching (from Inbetweenies by Dylusion stamps) in black ink.
I had some pre-stamped hearts (I Love Lucy set by Dylusions) which I cut out and sprayed with the  Funky Fuschia spray.
I threaded them on some thin fusewire, bending them to fit the tag and used double sided tape to both hold the hearts together and fix them to the tag.
I stamped the text (from Quintessential Quotes by Dylusions) on white card, sprayed it with Calypso Teal Dylusion and cut out, then stuck onto scrap white card.  Finished it off with a piece of fuschia ribbon tied in a bow.

Hope you enjoy the rest of your Monday and have a play along with the challenge.

10 comments:

Angie said...

I love the effect ...that background is stunning....as for BH ....we have to wait 'till next monday up here in Fife ...no idea why !

Virginia said...

Oh that's lovely Helen, the sentiments fabulous too. Loving the colours on the tag!

sam21ski said...

ooooh love that background, fab colours

Sam xxx

Brenda Brown said...

Love the background Helen, you created a beautiful rainbow of colours for your tag.
hugs {brenda} x0x

Dee's Craft Room said...

I love the colours of this tag, they look fabulous and a great interpretation of the rainbow theme.

Dionne xx

flutterbycrafter said...

Great effect, love the colours. You've made a super tag, very vibrant, gorgeous xx

Gabrielle said...

LOVE the tag! Truly fabulous x

Lin said...

oo great background Helen the colours are lovely and the quote is brilliant!! love it..

Words and Pictures said...

Ooh, wow, that's so cool - love the colours and the chain of hearts! Sorry I've got so behind, but I am enjoying catching up!!
Alison x

Robin said...

Gorgeous background & card. Beautiful words to remember too!