Sunday 5 May 2013

Don't Eat the Daisies...

I saw a link on twitter to the Crafters Workshop blog with some stencil ideas. (thanks Steven!) Now, I didn't use any of the techniques or even Crafters Workshop stencils, but it did spark my imagination.

Several months ago I bought a couple of Prima stencils (Donna Downey line) and this one I haven't used before...

I took my moleskin journal and some distress inks - squeezed lemonade, picked raspberry, shaded lilac and mowed lawn and applied them with my blending tool through the stencil.

 then I added this leaf (Dylusions) in black archival ink
 and coloured it with watercolour pencil, taking care not to disturb the distress ink too much!

Stamped "don't eat the daisies" (Jo Firth-Young for Paperartsy) up the page
and on the other page, too, stamps also by Jo FY.

I thought it needed something else, but something subtle, so took a couple more of Jo's stamps and using a grey ink, added them to the pages too. Hope you can see them!!

Hope you're enjoying your Bank Holiday Sunday, if you have one, and if you're able to!

17 comments:

tearose68 said...

Simply BEAUTIFUL !!

Lin said...

beautiful Helen...very very pretty..you can see the grey flowers...nice touch!!

Moonrose said...

It's lovely Helen, I love the colours.

snazzyoriginal said...

Beautiful Spring pages love the way you have combined the stencils with the JOFY sentiments and my fave Dylusions leaves xx

jojo79 said...

This page is really pretty & Jo's flowers do add to the page.

Jo
x

Gabrielle said...

LOVELY! Mwah x

ElizabethR said...

Lovely pages Helen, must get some more done in mine again. Elizabeth x

Krisha said...

I really like the depth of these pages, the softness of the stencils surprised me on the final photo, and depth, the gray flowers became the middle layer. Just stunning!

brenda said...

Not exactly the score line I had in mind, but guess it could have been worse.

You have created such a lovely summery feel to your journal pages Helen, very pretty.

B x

Julie Lee said...

So very pretty! Love the colours! Julie Ann x.

sam21ski said...

Oooh these look great, very summery!!

Sam xxx

Words and Pictures said...

Lovely, summery pages... the colourful stencilled flowers are fab! But it's that final finishing touch of the ethereal JOFY flowers that really makes the pages, I think - brilliant work!
Alison x

Artyjen said...

Love the colours you have used so pretty. :)
xoxo Sioux

Kyla said...

Lovely pages Helen, the grey really brings it together.

Kyla

Anonymous said...

That is LOVELY!!

Carmen said...

So, so pretty and delicate. I love that final addition of the flowers in grey. You have such an eye for these things Helen. Gorgeous!

Lori said...

Cool! Love the background with those stencils, Helen! So pretty!