Friday, 8 March 2013

Another Brick in the Wall...

Over the past couple of days when I was having my disastrous attempt at the last journal page (I do like it more now, it has grown on me!) I used some of the spare paint on a page in my journal that i had already used as a mop-up for some more paint...

This page started out when I was trying an alternative colour scheme for this page here  and had painted some (I think) claret and beach hut - but it wasn't right, so I washed over it with watered down snowflake, mixing a reasonable red-blue kind of colour. I thought I'd taken a pic of it at this stage, but can't find it.

Anyhow, yesterday when I was messing about with the stencils for my inspired by Michelle inspired by Dina Wakley page, I added some stencils over the top. Same stencils I was using on the other page, different colourways, and this time used the bricks the right way up.


and I am loving that swirl! This was in beach hut.
some black (the reverse chickenwire is still a big favourite) and then some snowflake to knock back areas for stamping..
wasn't sure what to stamp - didn't want anything much - so went for some of my new alphabet set (Dyan Reaveley) and some writing...(mainly because it wouldn't fit all in stamps)  I was a bit of a Pink Floyd fan back in the day...

and some scribbling with black and white pens round the letters

Then I flicked some black indian ink over the page too.

As this is also a layers of stencil page, I am entering it as a second entry to the Paperartsy challenge.

13 comments:

isisimaginings.com said...

Looks great, the swirl was a perfect addition. And I love the reverse chicken wire stencil, must add it to my wishlist.

butterfly said...

Also a huge fan of reverse chicken wire (had to buy that and chicken wire, as I couldn't work out which was which - too bad, eh?!)... and love your layered look here. The snowflake has given lovely muted tones to the whole page.
Alison x

Kim Dellow said...

Hey Helen, love the page and all the layers. Kim

RosC said...

Looking great, H. The colours are good together and the combo of stencils just works!
Ros.

Lucy Edmondson said...

Looks great!

Lucy x

Alison said...

Ooh yes...this one I love! Love the Pink Floyd song too! xx

Virginia said...

Oh Helen that's fabulous, I love to see your pages develop - truly beautiful!

Twiglet said...

I am hopeless at getting round the WOYWW desks these days! Had a full day with Annie and the twins and it threw me out completely!! I love your latest projects - especially your H. have a good weekend. x Jo

Trish said...

It's wonderful! I love the colours, stencils and especially the theme (still a Pink Floyd fan...)
A really great page :)

Craftyfield said...

Another great page ! Chicken wire...me too, I use it all the time these days

Lin said...

this is great Helen love the colours!!!

Sue said...

Love it! The beach hut is perfect. Wish I knew when enough is enough like you do lol x

Michelle Webb said...

Awesome Helen, see it's good to let go and just go with the flow. I love it, what a great page. Michelle x