Thursday 21 February 2013

Journal Pages

So I finished the journal page that was in evidence on my What's on Your Workdesk Wednesday post yesterday  - like so many of the comments, I always thought the bubbles looked like something from a night sky (indeed, that was my intention all along)  and I incorporated the tag that I made after watching Leandra's video (here)  (you want the stencil bump with fresco video)

The tag IS very like Leandra's but I absolutely love the colours - so I had to have a go for myself -  I made this ages ago and I can't remember what Fresco's I used, they aren't all the same as in her video.   I did a bit of dry brushing of Autumn Fire and Claret Frescos (translucent) over the 'moons' on my journal page, and wrote on it with the white Sharpie (as so many of you asked, I got mine here  I had no idea they were so hard to come by!)

And then I made another page...





First step - stamped the text (from ID08) across both pages, staggering the stamping, in black archival.  Painted over the pages with Pumpkin Soup and Haystack, wiped back with a baby wipe, added more etc!


Added some South Pacific to create a couple of background patches for the Iris (HP1204) to sit on.

Did some dry brushing with the leftover South Pacific randomly down the pages.

Added the dots randomly, stamping again in South Pacific.

Stamped the sentiment from HP1203 onto Paperartsy Crackly tissue paper in black archival and stick to page, wash over with Pumpkin Soup to blend in.

finally (see top pic) I splattered some Indian Ink from the end of a paintbrush, over the page.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Terrific pages. The colours are great.

PaperArtsy said...

Wow Helen. I love those pages. They look superb :)

Hettie said...

Ooo! Love that dotty one now it is finished!
xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Thanks so much for stopping by because I have missed you, too. I love your art and these journal pages are no exception. I also like the moons. There is SO MUCH texture there!! Lovely art all around.

Words and Pictures said...

Yummy, yummy pages... the bubbles look fab, and I love the botanical sketches look of the second lot - gorgeous!
Alison x

sam21ski said...

Great pages Helen, I love the effects of the bumping on the top one, the colours look wonderful

Sam xxx

Lin said...

lovely pages Helen....love the colours :)

flutterbycrafter said...

Super pages and gorgeous colours xx

Artyjen said...

Great effects....like the yellow page in particular ;)
xoxo Sioux

Inkypinkycraft said...

These are great, love the colours together! Hugs trace x

Ann B said...

Wow Helen, you are good at this bumping technique, the texture effect is superb. Can see why you chose the 'other world' title, the bumps do look like strange planets or moons. Love your second page as well, that's what I like about journaling (not that I've done any for a while)' so different every time.

Ann B

Alison Scott said...

Lovely pages. Such a contrast between them

Gez Butterworth said...

Totally gorgeous pages Helen. You are fab at art journaling. Have fun xx