Monday 18 February 2013

Crafty Boots - Out of your Comfort Zone

For the latest Crafty Boots challenge, Tracie wants us to do something that takes us out of our comfort zone - this is a really great idea, as I often stick to the same kind of things.

It can be anything you like - as long as it is different to your normal style -  but she has given some examples - if you do a lot of colouring, you are not allowed to, if you are like clean and simple, then go fussy.

Now, I used to do cards like this, but haven't for some time - there's colouring with pens involved! I used Promarkers - never used them before, but I won some in a blog giveaway earlier this year, and decided to try them - the pens are mixed with watercolour pencils for the colours I didn't have.  I 'fussed up' the card with some Prima flowers and some ribbon, too. I liked the Promarkers, too, they were really good to use.

The stamp is the Lavender fairy by Inca Stamps.  I love these, I have quite a few. Perhaps I'll use them again now I've rediscovered the colouring trick!!

6 comments:

Dee's Craft Room said...

Good morning Helen

This really is something different for you. It is such a sweet image and I love how you have coloured it, the card looks fabulous.

Dionne xx

flutterbycrafter said...

Not your usual style but very nice xx

CraftygasheadZo said...

Pretty! It's a great challenge that seems to have pushed us all! Take care Zo xx

Gabrielle said...

Well, well, well Ms L! Look at you colouring (and mightily neatly too!) I thought the hardest part of the challenge was deciding what was out of our comfort zone! Wonder if you've rediscovered a lost pleasure?

sam21ski said...

WOW, I didn't know you could do cute!!

Sam xxx

Virginia said...

Seriously cute image there Helen - beautiful!