Monday 3 September 2012

Crafty Boots - "ONE"

Hallo, welcome to another Crafty Boots challenge.  This time the theme is "one".  Must admit I wasn't really sure what that meant - but a bit of a twitter chat resolved - The Crafty Boots DT is one - so use one anything, just ONE.  I went for one colour. My colour I chose was brown, in various shades (of distress naturally) I made a tag. Somewhat predictably!!


The early layers (the flash doesn't show them too well) The colour is much more realistic in the top photo.
I used Tea Dye for the base layer applied with a blending tool to the tag and then also through the reverse chicken wire stencil (I love this stencil so much!!)
I then applied various Paperartsy stamps - little dots (tea dye again), some script (walnut stain) and then went for the main stamped image, also in walnut stain

Scuffed the edges with the tim holtz paper distresser and then inked the edges with vintage photo

The text is also by Paperartsy, just cut in half to fit to each end of the tag. Which makes me realise as all the stamps are Paperartsy, that is another one - one company!

13 comments:

Artyjen said...

Love the one tag ;)
xoxo Sioux

Dee's Craft Room said...

I love the image you have used on this tag. Your tag looks very autumnal and has captured something of my garden the last few mornings. I have a feeling winter is not that far away!

Dionne x

Elizabeth said...

Hi Helen, beautiful tag - I like the combination of browns used - surprising how many shades we can find in our crafting arsenal! Also like all the different stamps and that chicken wire stencil makes great background spots. Elizabeth xx

emma mitchell said...

I love the background you've created and this gorgeous image on your fabulous tag .
Hugs Emma xx

CraftygasheadZo said...

It's gorgeous and pretty, love the background. Fab! Take care Zo xx

Netty said...

Smashing tag Helen, x

brenda said...

This is right up my street Helen from the colours right through to the agapanthus style image.

B x

Carmen said...

Your background and that stamp are just lovely. Love the way you interpreted this :D

flutterbycrafter said...

Great use of the colour brown and the stamp fits it perfectly, beautiful work xx

ElizabethR said...

Lovely tag Helen, I too am a tag addict lol. Elizabeth x

Hettie said...

Lovely tag One has created!! I do love that sentiment and NEED your honeycomb stamp!! You know I have a bee thing!
xx

Jacqui Chimes said...

Very pretty tag

Gabrielle said...

I would say, young lady, that you have done a pretty perfect job on this! I love the one colour (it is a fave of mine - did you know?!) and I think it's a perfect tag to honour CB's first birthday!