Saturday 2 June 2012

One for the boys

Well as we start our Jubilee Weekend to celebrate the Queen's Diamond Jubilee I am hoping to get some challenges done! Here's the first one - Simon Says Stamp and Show -one for the boys.

I don't have a lot of men's cards to make so I can struggle with this but I went for Tim's Stained  Kraft Resist technique and the 'steampunk' stamp set.
I clear embossed the image on some kraft cardstock and used distress stains, crushed olive, tumbled glass and broken china, then toned it down a little with picket fence.  Stamped the 3 gentlemen in black archival and used the 'rolling' technique to stamp the other background partially over the top of the card.  Stamped and cut out the pointing finger and admit one on kraft paper and fixed to the card, before mounting it all to black card.

Once again the wonderful Simon Says people are offering a random prize of a $50 voucher to their amazing store.

4 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Helen, this is lovely. I like men's cards, possibly because I see examples of so few of them.

Stephie Boots said...

What a fabulous man card! I struggle so much with boy stuff!! Very inspiring! :) xxx

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Love the embossing in the background Helen and these Gents are one of my favourite stamps so a wonderful combination in my eyes. Love the resist. Thanks so much for joining in the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. Tracy x

Monique's art said...

love your steampunk men card, well done