Sunday 24 June 2012

A little journal play

It has been weeks since I played - properly - in my journal.  I've done some mopping up of ink (as in fact these started out) but nothing more.

So as a treat after I finally finished a tag for a DT piece (check back on Wednesday!) which I found a real struggle, I allowed myself some playtime!
 This is the left hand page and uses stamps from the Wendy Vecchi set Accents for Art, I love them.  Way underneath the layers of smooshed about sprays (Dylusions) is the background stamp from that set, and which I just inked to try out the  Peacock Feathers DI.  I'd added some white paint (Fresco) and tried to get some drippage down from the top but it wasn't hugely successful - I think because the paint is translucent (doh!!)

Today I went in with gesso and smudged out the background and then overstamped the other images.  It's all a bit of a mess but I was just playing!!
The right hand page started a few days ago, with mopping up some of my newer Dylusions sprays, red, blue and one of the yellows, and then today, again smudged them around with gesso to blur and blend.  Used Dina Wakley stamps on this page.  Thought the page needed some white, so added some splatterings of white paint (fresco again) by flicking the paintbrush.

Thought it needed some more white so added the solid white flower (Hero Arts) and the white fresco paint.

Neither page is beautiful but I prefer this one!


19 comments:

Carol said...

They are lovely Helen - I do t get on with journal pages!! May have another go at some point! Yours always lovely though!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. And I think you are too hard on yourself!! Have an artful Sunday.

Gillian .... said...

Fab bright colours, love it. x

...the yorkshire fox... said...

...your pages look great Helen, super colours...Mel :)

flutterbycrafter said...

Two great pages with wonderful colours xx

sam21ski said...

Love your mopping up pages Helen

Sam xxx

May said...

Your pages are fabulous Helen.. brillant colours... Hugs May X X X

Inkypinkycraft said...

Your pages look great to me, lots of fab colours and layers! Just yummŷ! Hugs trace x

Cathy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

I think it's great to just have time to play and experiment and these are a great experiment with ink and stamps . Love your inky backgrounds and highlights of white and I love the new images. Tracy x

Miriam said...

Lovely work Helen. Well done on finishng your DT piece - you obviosuly found your mojo with it!

Carmen said...

I love both your pages Helen and the drips show up well on the screen for the first one :)

I LOVE the grunginess of the second :D Am so glad you are getting time to play in your journal again :)

Gabrielle said...

Ah! I've seen that DT piece and it's worth coming back to see!!! Love you at your journalling best Helen - and this is that! Really fabulous and that you relaxed and 'went with it' really shows! Mwah!

Monique's art said...

love the background

Carl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Industrial Ventilation said...

Its really great post...
Tunnel Ventilation Fans

Unknown said...

Ezy Glide offers the best quality Frameless Shower Screens and Custom Frameless Showerscreens in Sydney which gives your bathroom a modern and spacious feel.
Shower Screens
Frameless ShowerScreens

Anonymous said...


AAA Movies Inc. has expert photographers and videographers specialized in capturing unforgettable moment for wedding, birthdays, anniversaries & corporate events.
Wedding Photography calgary
Wedding Photographers


Unknown said...

USA Beading offers different Embellishment Techniques, such as neckline, front and bead motifs, trims, embroidery, laser cutting, caviar printing and rhinestone transfers.
Ribbon Embroidery
trimming