Monday 25 June 2012

Crafty Boots challenge - Sport

Those of you who know me know that I love my sport, so you would think that the latest Crafty Boots challenge - a theme of 'sport' as chosen by Zoe, would be a doddle. Not a bit of it.... but it's Olympic year, and Olympics in London so I took that as my theme.


I made a card with strips of card with the colours of the Olympic rings and drew (badly) some Olympic rings (how hard can it be to draw round a bottle cap and still get the lines wonky?)

I took my 'art sayings' stamps which I still haven't mounted, or cut apart but cut out some of the more inspirational ones, edging them with vintage photo distress ink, to wish Team GB the best of luck next month. Go GB!!

8 comments:

brenda said...

It looks like a perfect take on the them to me Helen.

I'm like you with my sport and can't wait for the Olympics. Then we have Wimbledon starting today, mind you that will mean more rain I figure.

B x

Gabrielle said...

I was so surprised when you said you were struggling with this theme! You are the most 'sporty' of us all (and that says a lot!) and I thought this would be a breeze for you! Love how you used the Olympics and the rings are perfect! Those sayings are brilliantly apt and I too want to shout 'Go GB' now! Mwah!

Carmen said...

Yep - another surprised one here that you struggled with this one. isn't that always the way though?

Perfect take on the theme I reckon ;)

Did you watch the footie last night? I reckon you might have heard Craig's "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" all the way over at yours :D He was still grumbling this morning - who knew he was such a fan?

emma mitchell said...

Oh wow love this gorgeous card,what a fab idea.
Hugs Emma xx

CraftygasheadZo said...

I love it - I was hoping some you did Olympic themes so was thrilled when I saw yours, super job! Zo xx

Dee's Craft Room said...

I love this concept, great card.

Oh, an by the way, your Olympic rings are better then I could have done.

Dionne x

CraftyDaffy said...

Great concept and I love the sentiments you have added. I think the rings look good a little 'rough' perfect circles are boring..lol. xx Denise

Gillian .... said...

Perfect colours & design, the quotes are inspirational, just what a competitor needs. x