Friday 13 August 2010

Is it a bottle? No, it's a vase

I was making some ATC's tonight (I blame Hels', you've probably noticed she's on a bit of an ATC kick at the moment)

Anyhow, I was using the fab Paperartsy stamp from Hotpick 1006 when I had an idea.

I had the red tag inked and water-splashed from yesterday but unfinished. (Barn Door and Fired Brick inks)

I stamped the Paperartsy flower in fired brick on the tag and then used the bottle from Wendy V which I stamped on acetate - drying with the heat gun very gently, not knowing if it woud ruin the acetate (it's quite thick so I was ok) I cut it out, removing the lid - hey presto, a flower vase. (I'm sure it's been done before)

Finished the tag with the script stamp from the same Hotpick set and a self coloured flower held in place with a memo pin filled with (still drying...) glossy accents, and some foliage idea-ology/maya road trinkety bits.

Couldn't get a decent close up with the glare of the flash on the acetate and was standing at a funny angle to keep my shadow out of the way!  I may try tomorrow in daylight (although given the wet  forecast we may not get much daylight tomorrow!)

Anyhow, the evening is speeding by and I need a cup of tea, (the first one got cold...) so TTFN. My wish list for Stevenage is ever growing - have you seen Leandra's FAB new Hotpicks?????? OMG...

10 comments:

flutterbycrafter said...

This is one awesome tag, love it.

PaperArtsy said...

Great idea with the bottle on acetate! Love it! Leandra

Hels Sheridan said...

OMG... I have seen Leandra's hot picks and I NEED THEM... so shove out the way I wanna get in first at Stevenage ROFLMAO... LOVE LOVE LOVE whatcha did with the bottle too Helen...So, did I hear my name mentioned??? Hmmm??? blaming l'il ol' moi for something??? Ahhh, making ATC's...goodly, that means you are gonna be as addicted as me LOL SYS x

Sarah A said...

Wow Helen this is red hot!! Love how you have used the bottle on acetate to make a vase, this is sooo clever! Thanks for your lovely comment on my Steampunk Journal and that is the first book I have ever managed to cut up, still might need to check into the Priory to get over the trauma LOL, I am a book lover like you ;-)

I have seen the new hot picks and WOW I WANT/NEED them all!!!

Sarah x

Gez Butterworth said...

Wow! I did it.. I looked.. knew I shouldn't.. hehe.. I can see why you want them. :) Fingers crossed you get them.xx
FAB tag, love the idea of the bottle. Brilliant colour too.
Have a fun weekend. Can't wait to see your new stash. Hope you will be home in time for the footie.xx

Jennie -The Artistic Stamper said...

Great ATC.. love the bottle idea :)) please please come and say hello at Stevenage... I am good with faces, can never remember names, so you have to say who you are... *slinks away into a corner of the room*.. lol
Hugs x

Joanne said...

Brill idea, gives it dimension too. Will def. give this a go.
Luv Joanne xx

Lesley Edmonds said...

WooHoo that's so clever! What a good idea.

Lovely tag.

Have a good weekend.

Lx

Lori said...

Yeah, that bottle does make a grand vase, doesn't it? Fab tag, dear friend, oh, did I see a comment from Leandra? Ooo, there you go, teasing me about those hot picks, now......

Anonymous said...

Brilliant tag! Very creative! x