Friday 30 July 2010

Oooh, new stamps!!

Well, I hadn't any new stash on Wednesday, but look what turned up in the post today - Thanks, Wendy, they're here - I have been eagerly waiting this stamp set for what seems like weeks!!

Brolly Man!!!! Yey!!!







So, I got to work. I actually had the chip ready painted and stamped - the chip (maya road) was painted white (claudine hellmuth range) and then I coloured it with wild honey DI - amazing how pale it looks over white!!

I stamped brolly man on grungeboard (had a piece just the right size in easy reach, otherwise I'd have used grungepaper) using coffee archival ink and stuck him to the chip with glossy accents. Added some tissue tape and some idea-ology bits.

You can't see in the photo but there is some alcohol ink on the foliage piece.
Brolly man slipped as I was sticking him, so there is a splodge of glossy accents by his arm!

I had trouble with the photos tonight - it's too dark to not use flash. and the flash then causes glare, this is the best I could get.

Going to be busy tomorrow, got to get out bright and early to do some shopping before I go over to my godmother's for the diamond wedding party at lunchtime! Hope it's not going to rain... Have a good weekend, I'll see you soon.

7 comments:

Cath Wilson said...

Ooh, lucky you! I SO want the brolly man stamp but they seem to have become So expensive... and I have the ATC, so perhaps I should just cut him out... love what you've done with him.

Carmen said...

I just love that you had a project all ready and waiting for him when he arrived. Every time I see that image it reminds me of Charlie Chaplin or the film poster for the Peter Sellers film Being There... I don't know why on the film, it just does.

Anonymous said...

well it was worth the wait Helen, nice work!! Blame Stampers Anonymous for the wait.....wood mounted are expensive but the sets are pretty good value for money still.

Lori said...

Ooo, lucky girl! I've thought about getting that set, I have the smaller brolley man sold in acrylic form in the big stores, but wouldn't mind having the "full size" version. Lovely piece Helen, brolley man looks superb! Have fun tomorrow, well I guess it already is tomorrow there, isn't it?

Gez Butterworth said...

Ooo fabby creation Helen. Fingers crossed you don't need to borrow brolly mans brolly today. Hope you have a wonderful time. Hugs, Gez.xx

Terry said...

I love the Brolly Man and am so hoping that Tim Holtz will make a Sizzix die with him! Love what you created! Very cool!

Lesley Edmonds said...

Lucky girl Helen - I love these stamps! Love what you've done with them.
Lx