Sunday 18 July 2010

A grungey idea-ology day

Whilst watching the golf run away from the Brits again, I have been making another tag. (Yes, I know, but I've got lots now!)

Used my fave wild honey & rusty hinge DI inks with a bit of aged mahogany round the edge. Had a large grunge flower in my stash for ages which was coloured mustard seed, that didn't really go so I added rusty hinge to it, stamped another one for the middle, used a type charm,  then tore off a leaf whilst inking the leaf grunge...stapled it back together ... made a grunge rose (badly in truth) - its barn door, but I' ve added some distress stickles in spiced marmalade. It's still drying, but I've never learnt patience...

I've used one of Tim's compendium techniques that I haven't tried before, on the foliage pieces - distress embossed them.
That was fun to do. 

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice tag Helen, love the colour combination....but Golf? It is merely an unwanted interuption to what would otherwise be a nice walk in my book LOL

Julia Dunnit said...

Yep me too - have spent a happy afternoon paper playing and darting in and out to watch the golf...great result huh. Like your tag, are you working your way through the compendium or dipping in and out then?

2amscrapper said...

lovely tag and flowers

Hels Sheridan said...

Fab tag hun, Wild Honey? Thought you didn't like that one ROFLMAO xx

Art By Wanda said...

Very nice!!! The type charm worked great for the center of the flowers!!!

Lesley Edmonds said...

I watched the golf for the first time this year and became quite facinated never having watched any before. Links is much more interesting according to Ed lol!

Love your tag, especially the gorgeous flower.

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

Gorgeous tag Helen, love the colours :-) I like doing tags too
Anne xx

Alexandra said...

What a lovely tag Helen.
I ended up watching the golf too, with my DH who loves it. I don't usually watch it much, but after seeing Tom Watson leave, retiring when he's still playing so well, then I actually teared up when I saw Louis get a congratulatory kiss from his wife and cute wee baby girl. I'm getting far too emotional the older I get, lol.
Crying watching golf???
Anyway, I always slap on a big smile when I see pretty art or when shopping for stuff to make art with. hee hee!
See......too emotional! :oD
hugs
Alexandra

Anonymous said...

Fabulous inkyness Helen! x