Sunday 17 January 2010

Take One Stamp....

Here as promised, are a couple of the birthday cards I've also made this weekend.  After using the Stampington stamp for the Play Date challenge the other day, I was inspired to use another of their great images, and this time I've used it twice to make two different cards - a kind of challenge to myself!  Initially, I was just playing with colour combinations and used the two I liked most.

On the first one I have stamped it with fired brick and dried marigold distress, spritzed and stamped on watercolour paper again.  I used the same colours to stamp Wendy Vecchi images on the card and added some bling.


On the second, I have used fired brick and dusty concord and spritzed again before stamping.  I have used a script stamp (Just for Fun) on the card and some hand-made paper and prima flowers. On a separate scrap of watercolour paper I have stamped this great sentiment by Penny Black (I love them!!)

2 comments:

Hels Sheridan said...

I have those stamps!!! I can copy you!! LOL Love the watercolour technique you used on the main image..it just looks FAB!

Lori said...

Yes, the watercolor technique is very cool. Your color combos just make them stunning. These are beautiful!
p.s. Rec'd your card, it was beautiful as well! Very elegant, I thought. Thanks, Helen! What a nice surprise this weekend!