Sunday 11 July 2010

Sunday Stampers - Song Sung Blue

The Sunday Stampers challenge today is based on the song "song sung blue" and I have decorated a frame that I had in my stash!

I started with a base layer of Hels' fave paint - Claudine's Traditional Tan, and when it was dried I applied Eco Green paint "Lake" with a piece of cut n'dry foam.  When that was dry I used a baby wipe to smear over some of Claudine's Smidge of Blue, but wiped most of it off, I only wanted a hint of the colour.   The Paperartsy stamp was stamped in Chipped Sapphire DI. "memories" is by Claritystamps, and is black versafine.  I sprayed a fine mist of perfect pearly reinker over the frame for some shimmer, but I don't think it shows up too much in the photo.

I have used a portion of a photo from Hampton Court for the picture in the frame.
Go check out Hels' entry for her challenge this week, it is fabulous!

11 comments:

flutterbycrafter said...

Beautiful painted frame, love the colour and the stamps used. Your photos of the flowers at Hampton Court are fantastic.

The Crafty Goat Girl said...

Hi Helen, this is so beautiful! Love the colour (cant stop singing the song now, lol), great stamp and love the flowers in the frame. I was hoping to go this year, but have just not had the time, hugs Heidi xx

Hels Sheridan said...

Gorgeous frame Helen and loving your sunflowers piccie, they are one of my favest flowers (mind you, you know what I am like about favourites LOL) Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x

Lesley Edmonds said...

Fabulous frame Helen. The photo is lovely - sunflowers are such happy flowers.

Enjoying the cup final? I hope Holland wins. Ed wants spain to win.

Sue said...

This is gorgeous, sunflowers are such a happy flower, and your frame is beautiful x

Tracy Evans said...

Love your photograph of the sunflowers, quite the photographer. I'm quite liking that stamp to from PaperArtsy, it's not until you see something stamped that you suddenly start thinking you want yet another set. You do keep busy I must say, you fit a lot in with your full time job too. Have a good evening Helen. Tracy Evans x

Anneliese said...

That's a beautiful frame .. love those stamps !

Anonymous said...

Your frame is beautiful Helen! x

Craftyideas said...

Beautiful frame. Love the stamps and sunflowers.

Lori said...

I meant to leave a comment two days ago, but blogger wouldn't let me, so here I am! This is really great, Helen, the colors and those stamps are just AWESOME!

Neet said...

Love the contrast of the blue frame and the yellow/orange of the sunflowers.