Wednesday, 2 September 2026

WOYWW 900 - what a biggie

 This was going to be such an exciting post to celebrate 900 weeks of this amazing weekly get together, started by Julia, helped by Jan and now Sarah.  I've been joining in for many years and made great friends.  sorry for the generic links. 

my recent wrist fracture has stopped me linking a lot of what I wanted to as I am typing this with my left hand, one fingered and so everything is slow and difficult. As things go, I should have been recovering from the surgery to pin my wrist as one of the little bones was moving so they want to pin it. Sadly it was cancelled for Saturday and just ( - edited mid-day Tuesday) again for Tuesday. Hoping for Thursday 

I am writing this on Saturday as I won't have any other time and wanted to make sure there was something in place!  Sadly no one-handed crafting either. I haven't missed a week since I started so determined to be here today.

this is my post for week 100  which was the week of Prince William and Kate's wedding. the first week ending 00 that Sarah suggested we share that we joined in on.  

I had hoped to add all sorts of photos but a lot of my old ones got lost when the previous computer died many years ago.


this was crop 2022 which is all I can find. 


not sure when I'll be able to visit; it all depends on the hospital.  (Jan is linking me, thanks!)  may not be able to comment either, we'll see. 



sending love to all deskers everywhere over the last 900 weeks past and present.

20 comments:

Twiglet said...

Thanks for sharing the lovely photo. I'm so sorry to hear about the cancellations.Fingers crossed for Thursday. Gentle hugs x x Jo 🌈

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Helen, you know we've got everything crossed for you. You've always been a loyal friend her at woyww, hoping over to mine so thanks for that. I know you'll be back to the crafting soon just don't try to rush it. Gentle WOYWW hugs Angela x12x

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Happy 900th WOYWW! Thank you so much for being such an amazing supporter of my blog from the start, you have always been the first to comment every week and I really do appreciate that, thank you. Long may it continue, we’ve definitely got to get to no 1000!!
So sorry that your op was bumped again, hopefully it’ll be third time lucky on Thursday, so let us know. In the meantime I’m sending you gentle hugs and lots of love,
LLJ 5 xx

Annie said...

I'm so sorry that the op hasn't gone to plan. I'm keeping everything crossed for tomorrow.
It's such a special group to be part of isn't it? So many wonderful friendships have been made. Thanks for being one of those.
Hugs,
Annie x #8

lisa said...

Hi Helen. Sounds like you're in the wars. Fingers crossed that your op happens tomorrow and you are soon on the way to revovery. I'm so sorry you've had so many cancellations . Happy 900th WOYWW. It's so lovely to catch up with you again.
Lisa #17

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Hi Helen.....long time and thanks for sharing the photo. I cannot post photos...don't blog much but it's upsetting and I found no one who can help ....I remarried after all those years alone, so keep quite busy, He farms the family farm and we are in a severe weather storm at the moment. HIGH WINDS, hard rain and small hail just praying for no damages to the corn/bean crops. It's almost harvest time and the loss would be devastating. Wishing you and yours the very best. Hope your right hand/wrist heals quickly...has to be hard to do things. Best Wishes on Healing.

Lynnecrafts said...

I really hope you get your op tomorrow, Helen. Your injury’s so debilitating, thanks for joining in regardless. I always look forward to seeing your Kew photos and you must miss your visits, too.
Happy 900th WOYWW
Hugs
Lynnecrafts 6 xx

Susan Renshaw said...

Happy 900th Helen. Fingers crossed for Thursday and I do hope it all goes well! Susan #14

Caro said...

Happy WOYWW 900! I love that photo of the crop. Wish we could do another one some day. I really hope it all goes well for Thursday. With love & God Bless, Caro xx #19

ukmaryanne said...

Happy Week 900 WOYWW!
The gardener is trimming the hedges outside my window so hoping to sneak in while he has lunch. Toooo loud.
Sucks about the op but roll on Thursday! Glad you made it anyway and you can add your fun recap of all things 00 WOYWW when you are back. I can wait...
:D
Mary Anne (1)

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

Oh Helen, I hope your hand gets sorted soon! And thanks for leaving me a comment despite the obvious difficulties in the way! Wishing you a swift recovery and a very happy #900! xx zsuzsa #23

The Rev. Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

Sorry to hear about your wrist on your dominant hand, and pray your surgery goes well. There's a non-dominant hand drawing exercise, so perhaps you could try that as a creative outlet. There's no right or wrong, just going with the flow. Happy WOYWW 900th celebration! Peace, my friend!

Darnell said...

Hi Helen! I'm so sorry to hear your surgery keeps getting put off - so hoping you can have it on Thursday and move on to a successful recovery! Thank you for your visit to me, especially considering you are typing one-fingered and left-handed! Great photo! Mwah! Darnell

Elizabeth said...

Happy WOYWW 900, Helen. So sorry to hear your op keeps being postponed. I hope all goes well tomorrow with no cancellation and the chance to recover and get back to crafting again. Love the photo you managed to find. Unfortunately, that was a crop I had to miss. I'm still chuckling at the pic Jan has posted of you on the floor! Your preferred place to craft. Hope all goes well this week. Hugs, Elizabeth x #27

brenda said...

So sorry to read this Helene, am hoping by today you just might have another firm date in place. I'm still one arm/handed (left AWAL) so between us could perhaps write a blog post!

B x

Marit said...

Goodmorning Helen! I do hope the surgery on your wrist goes well today and that you recover soon! Thanks for your comment on my blog, yay you managed to do that! I am looking for 'free/spare time' to visit some blogposts all through the coming days so by the end of the week I hope to have visit all desks on the list - as an 'old woyww-participant' I just wanted to celebrate this 900th anniversary so badly and it's so lovely to 'bloghop' to all the wednesday-desks again.It's good to see all the creativity that is still going on, and visit long-time-no-see desks/ladies! Congrats to you too for the 900th woyww, keep up the good spirit and have a nice weekend. Love from the Netherlands, Marit #24

My name is Cindy said...

Aah memories memories! I think I missed the memo about the 00s, I just linked my first entry, oh well never mind. Really hope you get sorted today, apart from the inconvenience I would find it torture to be waiting for the procedure. I am not patient!! Have a great week, love n hugs Cindyxx #21

Julia Dunnit said...

Ah Helen you’re such a valuable dealer and friend, I’m so happy we met! Your wrist is turning into a saga and I’m very sorry about it, living wrong handed gets tiring very quickly. Remember how I used to yearn to be able to collage like you do and apply layers and colours? Still can’t, but have never stopped trying although I’m reconciled to not using paint, I just can’t bear the mess I make!! ❤️❤️

Sue from Oregon said...

Helen, do hope you heal quickly and can get back to crafting! Happy 900th!

Anonymous said...

Amazing memories and thanks for visiting my desk, SO not easy with your hand but pleased you finally got in later this week and being looked after well kyla