Wednesday, 30 September 2026

WOYWW 904

 Hello deskers, hope you have all had a good week. It's flown round to Wednesday again which means WOYWW  with Sarah.  

I finished off the journal page I was working on last week, using my right hand as well as the left!

I added some little stamps in the background, numbers and text, 

then cut out the crow (he was pre stamped on tissue) so was easy to cut with my right hand, 

stamped the other bird in light card and cut him out too, right handed. 

the text as well, I managed ok with. 






I had an appointment with physio on Monday  -  got some exercises which I am trying hard to do often. 

whilst there I took a photo of the x ray of my metalwork!

the scar is healing, but I won't share that in case you're squeamish!  

I am just in a splint when I need it for support (mainly out and about so I don't get knocked) and a tubi-grip at work which is slightly better for typing. Hopefully the exercises will help with the bending of the wrist!  Mason, the physio was very impressed at how much mobility I have in my hand so is hopeful of a very good recovery (as long as I do the exercises!)

Work is going ok, am trying to take it easyish although that's tricky as we're always so busy. 

I got to Kew on Saturday - hurrah!!!  so have a Kew link for you too  

Can't quite believe that tomorrow is October.... I have decided not to make Christmas cards this year, certainly not as many as usual for posting out, which is one less thing to stress about 

til next week, happy WOYWW 

10 comments:

Tracy said...

Good morning Helen πŸ’•πŸ«‚ I'm so sorry about what happened to you ... I scrolled back your posts 😊 what a time you have had ... though I'm glad to hear that physio is going well ... sending the best of healing wishes 🌟 your way 🌟
Toooo your gorgeous πŸ₯° journal page with the crow 🐦‍⬛ with words to live by ... looove it ... birds bring me such peace 😊
I'm away to look at your Kew Garden link 🌻🌿πŸͺ· so happy you managed to visit ... I remember all the gorgeous photos you would share πŸ₯° Sending love and hugs πŸ«‚ with wishes 🌟 for a lovely week ahead Tracy #5 xxxxx

Lynnecrafts said...

Your journal page is lovely and I’m so glad to see you back at Kew, your happy place! I especially loved the texture of the cork oak.
I’m glad to see you’re feeling better- the physio exercises really make a difference.
Happy WOYWW
Hugs
Lynnecrafts 1 xx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Sounds like things are looking up, finished journal page and a visit to Kew, well done. Hope the physio goes well too. Wishing you a very happy woyww with hugs, Angela x8x

Annie said...

Really glad your wrist is making a good recovery. Listen to your body and don’t do too much especially at work.
Hugs,
Annie #6

Julia Dunnit said...

Good decision Helen, overworking a tired from work wrist is just slowing down the achievement of full recovery. The metal
Work is extensive, does your wrist feel heavier?!! Yep, be a good girl and do the exercises you need wrist and hand mobility for ever, I mean horrors - how would you open hard to EAT?!!

Julia Dunnit said...

Not hard 🫒😠. JARS fgs JARS!

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Yay for doing stuff with your right hand! The metalwork is impressive, you’re like the Six Million Dollar Woman now…we have the technology…..lol! Love your journal page and the Christmas card decision is the right one, less pressure all round πŸ₯°
Hugs LLJ 3 xx

BJ said...

Super page and glad to hear you are using your right hand again too, especially for the cutting out! Wow the metal work that's some job there can't even spot where it was broken. After having both of my hands done I'm guessing the scar is somewhat similar, have you done a separate post of it perchance? Just interested. Great to hear you were back at Kew last Saturday too, yippee. As for Christmas Cards, don't blame you at all. I didn't even put decorations up nor get a tree last year due to my hand op on 1st Dec so kinda looking forward to it this year. Although not sure I'll be doing cards, gave that up some time ago really it is all too stressful and oh so expensive to post out. Hugs Bj#7

Elizabeth said...

Hi Helen, I'm so glad to see your wrist is improving and your managing to do some work with your right hand. The x-rays show very clearly your metalwork - it looks good. Mason sounds like he'll keep you in line! I don't make cards at all now. The cost of postage has just become too expensive. It's a few years ago now but I remember Alan & I leaving the post office with our heads reeling at what we'd just paid out to post our Christmas cards that year! Hope you get to Kew again this weekend. Hugs, Elizabeth x #11

The Rev. Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

Your page came out great! Glad to hear you are healing. Happy WOYWW!