Wednesday 21 August 2024

WOYWW 794

 Happy Wednesday, deskers, once more time to share some crafty workspaces with Sarah   I'm off work this week so hoping for some decent weather and some days out (by the time you read this I may well be at Kew as my Saturday trip had to be cut short) 

I've had a play in a journal... 

I started by scribbling Neocolour IIs on the page and blending them with a damp paintbrush



I added some stencilled texture paste (it may show up better in the photo below)

the images are Dina's on cardstock and cut out and coloured with Neocolours again. 
tore some collage tissue and stamped a sentiment 

I'm not sure if the texture paste has been contaminated by something on the stencil as it looks a bit dirty - it should be clear!






Kew as I said on Saturday had to be cut short so I could get back for British Gas to come and fix a drippy pipe/overflow from the boiler (thankfully they did)  so fewer pics than normal here 

Kim was back so I had company for the time I WAS there, - she was playing with her panorama setting on her phone on the lake crossing


Monday I had a day (part day) in London at a tour of the Palace of Westminster which was really interesting 




so if the plan for Wednesday comes off, I will be late visiting - see you at some time!  


the weather for the end of the week isn't great but I hope to be out and about at least once more this week and then of course Kew on (what is forecast to be very wet) Saturday.   Happy WOYWW  

12 comments:

Neet said...

What time do you go to Kew - Surely not so early Helen?
Lovely colours on your page - enjoy your week off. Lots of crafting?
Hugs, Neet 2 xx

Susan Renshaw said...

Great techniques on the journal page Helen! Enjoy Kew!
Happy WOYWW! Susan #3

Twiglet said...

I love the colours of journal page. I hope you can squeeze in a bit of crafting during your week off but it's a good time to get out and about. Westminster sounds a fascinating place to visit.x x Jo 🌈

Lunch Lady Jan said...

You’re making great use of your week off! The Westminster tour sounds really interesting and I like the panoramic shot of you at Kew as well! Enjoy the rest of your holiday!
Hugs LLJ 6 xx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

That sounds like an early visit to Kew if you had to get back for the Gas man hope he was there on time. Enjoy your holiday and a good woyww too. Hugs Angela x9x

Lynnecrafts said...

Lovely journal page, Helen, and I’m glad Kay’s back with you got your walk around Kew. The photos of you trying to model the sculpture made me smile. Your photos of Kew were as beautiful as ever.
Take care and happy WOYWW
Hugs
Lynnecrafts 7 xx

Lisa-Jane said...

Lovely colours on your journal page. It's annoying when things don't work as you expect isn't it? Like the Ranger Opaque texture paste which isn't really opaque! I'm sure you'll keep busy whatever the weather on your week off. Enjoy the last few days of the 'summer', Lisa-Jane #12 prettymypage.co.uk

Sarah Brennan said...

Enjoy the rest of your week off Helen. Glad that Kim is up and around with you again at Kew. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah

Crafting With Jack said...

Great journal page, I love those colours. Happy WOYWW. Angela #11

Lindart said...

Love the colour on your journal page! Those neo-colours are so much fun! Great page! The panorama photo is very cool! Have a great week! Lindart #15

BJ said...

Super page, love the neocolour IIs. Have a great rest of the week off. I met someone with extra fingers when I was a teen. He was holding a pint and it was so curious to see. Out of place but couldn't put my finger on it LOL. Hugs BJ#10

Kyla said...

Glad kim was back and you got your pipe fixed too. The journal page is good, texture looks ok but I know what you mean when its not quite a clean a paste as you expect
thanks for visiting my desk already
kyla