Wednesday 7 August 2024

WOYWW 792

 Hello deskers, happy Wednesday- time for another WOYWW at Sarah's  

Once more it's been a week of Olympic-watching rather than crafting .

I had some new goodies arrive, I'd been watching Alison Bomber on You-tube with the Tim Holtz moon mask, which had passed me by when launched 

and Dina used an old set of stamps that I managed to track down too...
I was fighting with my embossing powder and I think the moon mask needs practice... but I re-discovered an old set of stamps that included some wildflowers and grasses....(by Inkadinkadoo which will show you how old they are) 

I also got out  my box of distress inks (not the oxides which i use a fair bit)  
and the (wheat?)  I liked so much I had to fill a page with it...

the ink is Uncharted Mariner - don't think I realised what a beautiful colour it was when I first got it. 

 



and so to Kew... a solo visit last week as Kew buddy Kim was recovering from having her gall bladder removed earlier in the week. 

there was colour
and a little  a bit of rain...

and then a bit of sun.



but a lot of fun with the reflections again in the Marc Quinn sculptures.


thanks for looking, put the kettle on I'll be round to see what you've been up to soon!  

14 comments:

Neet said...

Your poor friend is doing a bit of suffering of late. Sending her good wishes for healing.
Despite the Olympics you did more than me. Love that wheat - is that an Alison stamp too? Must go and watch her You Tube on the moon mask as I use one quite a bit (Lavinia). Love just listening to Alison, miss her being away now.
Hugs, Neet 4 xx

Twiglet said...

Oh best wishes to Kim. I had mine done about ten years ago and it's such a relief. I hope she makes a speedy recovery. Your moon prints are fab Helen and that Mariner blue is gorgeous. You are a clever crafter 🌕 x x Jo 🌈

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Poor Kim, she’s had a run of poor health, hope she recovers well after the op. I LOVE that moon stencil, the colours of the inks and the grasses in front are just perfect!
Hugs LLJ 3 xxx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hope your friend gets over the operation quickly, sounds awful. Loving the moon stencil, not seen it before and love how you used it. Happy woyww, Angela x10x

Sarah Brennan said...

Poor Kim - hope she is back with you at Kew soon Helen. Loving the effects of that moon mask - might have to find it for myself. those tags and the wheat stamping are fabulous. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah

Lynnecrafts said...

I hope Kim feels better soon, she seems to have had more than her fair share of health issues recently. Now you know I’m no stamper but I LOVED that Tim Holtz moon stencil and your pictures of it with wildflowers and grasses. I even looked it up but it seems to be out of stock. I could imagine that in a watercolour.
I loved your Kew photos this week, especially the waterlilies.
Take care and happy WOYWW
Hugs
Lynnecrafts 9 xx

Annie said...

Get well soon to Kim. I love your moon and grasses card.
Hugs,
Annie x #7

brenda said...

How on earth did I miss those new Timmy stencils, need to remedy that pronto. Great sport viewing isn't it plus I am utterly addicted to The Hundred.

B x

Lisa-Jane said...

I have that same echinacea in my garden - the bees absolutely adore it don't they? You've created some wonderful tags there - very atmospheric. Sending everyone a peaceful week, Lisa-Jane #12 www.prettymypage.co.uk

Spyder said...

I hope your friend recovers soon I still have trouble even after ten/twelve years, but that was one reason why I started crafting. Flowers and lovely and so are your tags and the moon looks ok to me! Happy WOYWW ((Lyn))#14

ukmaryanne said...

Love the wheat too. It's fab. I have so many moon stamps I feel I can pass on the mask. I'll probably regret it when it's gone LOL! And oh my, your hair in the reflection! Quite...aerodynamic!
A bit late but Happy WOYWW!
Mary Anne (5)

Crafting With Jack said...

Your tags are fabulous and your Kew Photographs amazing as usual. Love the moon mask too. Happy WOYWW. Angela #11

BJ said...

Love the moon mask, the tags are great and agree the wheat is fab. I'm still using my distress inks from a decade ago, still not got any oxides. The reflection are great fun, it makes your hair look like the trolls I had as a kid! Hugs BJ#8

Susan Renshaw said...

Love the wheat and the ink colour! I will have to look for that moon mask - passed
me by! Lovely Kew pics - I enjoy each week's fix as it was such a favourite place when I lived in the UK.
Happy WOYWW Susan #1