Wednesday 12 July 2023

WOYWW 736

 hi deskers, it seems to be Wednesday again, - desk sharing day with the WOYWW gang 

I did some more shopping - or at least the shopping I did last week arrived...

Seth Apter minis for Paperartsy, 8 mark making style stamps...
desk shot with a difference. stood up the journals (to the left) which seems to have made a bit more space - not to work in, just space!
then I created a journal page..


I think it needs some doodling over some of the stamped shapes,  but not had time to do that yet.










here's a few in progress photos of the layers 

layer one sheet one

distress oxide ink, mustard seed
more stamping,   
distress oxide , peacock feathers,  and one of the images was cracked pistachio
another layer of stamping

sheet 2,  same colours 

base layer in the journal, same ink colours but spritzed with water and smooshed out more.  Same stamps and same colours 


then it was tearing up the papers and layering onto the journal 

I had real fun making this page.  





I'll leave you with Kew last weekend...

plants with splatters! 










there was lots of yellow at Kew last weekend, which is probably what lead to the yellow in the journal page, as it's not a colour I tend to use much. 



looking for patterns in everything! 




thanks for looking;  happy WOYWW and see you soon.






14 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I especially like EM 73 and EM 80. I also like how you used the stamps, too. Nice to watch the progress of the page, too.

I feel SO guilty, but I am so far behind and have been very busy with the flood clean up and digging a trench that I simply have NOT had time to visit Kew. When I visit Kew with you, I usually spend nearly an hour. I will try to find time today or tomorrow to stop by your other blog. Happy WOYWW. No number yet, obviously.

Sarah Brennan said...

Great use of those new stamps Helen - loving the colour combination too. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. sarah #3

brenda said...

They look like interesting new stamps Helen, nice pages with them, great photos as well.

B x

Neet said...

Now Helen, I know you like your flowers and your crafting but did you really need to go spattering flowers at Kew?
Only joking of course, how unusual.
Love the journal page, thanks for the step by step pictures. Nice to see.
Love Seth Apter, ,what a lovely man he is and his stamps are always so useful in many different ways. I can see you getting a lot of use from them.
Hugs, Neet 1 xx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Loving the new mini stamps, very useful and gorgeous photos from Kew. However, if you buy much more you wont be able to get in that room Lol! but I am well aware of that problem Hee! Hee! Wishing you a very happy and creative woyww. Hugs, Angela x9x

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I always get influenced by colours as well, it’s pinks and oranges at the moment after I saw some Indian pictures! The backgrounds are fab and it’s nice to see yellow being used with abandon!
Hugs LLJ 5 xx

Julia Dunnit said...

OOh err, nice stamps, I like the first two sets very much. Even more, I like that you've used them straight away to gimme some ideas for how you'd use them. Loving the yellow on the pages, Kew's influence maybe, but nevertheless, really nice colour!

Christine said...

Thanks for sharing how the page was created . . . love those small stamps, I'm very tempted but . . . I've already spent my quota for this month, year even as I promised myself not to buy . . . always seem to forget that promise!!!
Love those lily pads . . .
Enjoy your week
Christine #14

Crafting With Jack said...

Great new stamps and great journal page Helen. Patterns are everywhere aren’t they. Happy WOYWW. Angela #11

Annie said...

I'm grabbing a few minutes to whizz around my favourite blogs. It's been one of those mornings with a customer who keeps forgetting to come [4th time now!!].
Fab new stash and it's good to see you've found time for creative fun.
Hugs,
Annie x # 6

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Oh I love Seth's stamps, AND you have so many great photos of your works. Loving the patterns you created. Beautiful flowers also ENJOY your week.

BJ said...

Love the alternative desk "floor" shot and super new texture stamps. Love it all. Hugs BJ#13

Lindart said...

Great stamps equals great fun! I can lots of possibilities with these new stamps! I love the layers that you are getting! Gorgeous Kew pics as always, especially the giant lily pads! Thanks for your visit, Lindart #17

Craftyfield said...

Wow... your "desk" situation has evolved since I was last here! I myself have such a major space problem (and no craft room or desk...) I haven't kept up with the many PA releases. Shame really, the Seth Apter minis do make great backgrounds! x