Wednesday 1 June 2022

WOYWW 678

 Welcome deskers,  we are once again (already!) meeting with Julia for WOYWW -join in here 

All I've done this week craft-wise, is to open new parcels of goodies!

first to arrive were Paperartsy stencils by JoFY (Jo Firth-Young)  on a first of a series of new releases.    

the larger circles were actually from a previous release that somehow or other I'd let pass me by....


I showed restraint here and didn't get any of the new stamp sets!  
next to arrive, although they should have been the last, was a Dina Wakley release, some more gloss paint sprays and a large version of her fabulous kraft journal


sorry about the bad lighting on the photo!

these were delivered to work

Last to arrive, although actually had I not misjudged the size of the parcel and had them sent to work instead of home, and not fit through the letter box, so that I had to go to the sorting office, they would have been here Friday

I also didn't realise the sorting office new opening hours - they used to open about 6.30 in the morning,  but now 8am so were still shut when i tried to collect them on my way to work Monday morning



!

next time, I will remember that they open later on a Saturday and even Sundays!  However, safely collected Tuesday after work! 

some more Paperartsy goodies, this time from Seth Apter's range (I showed restraint again here and only got 2 of the paint colours and not all of the stamps!


the wedding on Saturday was lovely - here's a photo as Neet requested

I did have a (very thin) wrap thing with me (in my left hand)  but it was very chilly outside but a lovely evening 







I did also fit in a visit to Kew in the morning, which was lovely too -  pics here


one to entice you over, quickly as I've taken up far too much of your time


this is part of the Food Forever summer event that I missed the first weekend it opened

the guide was telling my fellow Kew regular friend Kym (who happened to be in the gallery at the same time as me) that as part of this is made from sugar and candy, they have to evacuate ants each morning...



Ok, thanks for looking, I will be round soon to visit and am very much looking forward to the Jubilee bank holiday long weekend to rest and hopefully play with all the new goodies,  and watch all the festivities planned to celebrate the Jubilee (from the sofa, less crowded and a better view!)...and of course, go to Kew again! 

22 comments:

Neet said...

Wow, what a lovely spend. I do hope we get to see lots of activity from all these goodies next week.
Look lovely at the wedding.
Nice sugar rush!
Hugs, Neet xx

Mary Anne said...

You look lovely in your wedding gear! And all your deliveries and collections give me mixed media envy, even tho' I seem to be all about the yarn lately. Ah well, I keep threatening but will get back to it one day....
Happy late start WOYWW
Mary Anne (?)

Twiglet said...

Oh what a fab wedding outfit Helen - glad you had a little wrap - we need a bit more Summer sunshine! I hope you enjoy using all your new crafty bits and bobs. xx Jo

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Whit-woo, you were a babe at the wedding! Love your dress, you looked fab-u-lous darling!! Some fab new stash there, hope you have time over this Jubilee weekend to sit and play with it!
Hugs LLJ 4 xx

Lynnecrafts said...

Glad you enjoyed the wedding Helen. You looked great!
Your Kew photos are stunning. I love the cascading plants outside the POW garden, though I don’t know what they are. The lotus and the water lilies were beautiful too.
Take care and happy WOYWW
Hugs
Lynnecrafts 3

Diana Taylor said...

Ooh all that lovely new stash - it's frustrating when things are at the sorting office and you can't get your hands on them isn't it! That's a fabulous photo of you - I love the dress and I'm glad you had a good time.
Hope you have a great jubilee weekend,
Diana xx #14

Lillianb said...

What a lovely lot of new thigs you have, I belong to a forum where we can get rid of all the crafting things we do not need but I have brought so many stamps and got rid of none lol. great picture of you.

Take care and stay safe,

Lilian B #13/

Crafting With Jack said...

What a lot of lovely goodies you have! That is a lovely photograph of you in your wedding finery. The sugar display looks very pretty, no wonder the ants want to visit! Happy WOYWW. Angela #2

Sarah Brennan said...

Ooh what lovely goodies Helen have fun playing with them. Glad the weather was so good for the wedding and it went well. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #9

Annie said...

Love your wedding outfit. I love a sunny wedding. Fab new stash too.
Hugs,
Annie x #10

My name is Cindy said...

OOh crafty stash!! Hope you do manage to get some craft time in over the long weekend. That food exhibition photo is so pretty! It reminds of the architecture expo at V&A a couple of years ago (maybe 3 - lockdown screws with your memories) made all of sweets. Love the outfit!! As you say, the evening are still chilly, in fact I am sitting here today in my fleece leggings and a jumper, though the sun has popped out a fe times today and warmed it up a bit. Have a good week. Love n hugs, Cindy #17

Tracy said...

Hellooo Helen 🤗 what gorgeous stash through the post ... loving the big dotty stencil and those paints 😍 enjoy some crafty goodness when you can 🎨 No wonder the ants pay visit... looks deeelish in the photo. So pleased the wedding went well, lively to see you in your outfit 💕
Sending love and hugs your way Tracy #11 xxx

BJ said...

Oh super wedding photo. WOW they must find it hard evacuating the ants form the candy display! Pickle with the comments as I usually try my best to reply to all comments I receive at least if I can't manage to comment on all blogs.
Eeeekkk BJ#12

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

You're a very naughty girl tempting us with all that new stuff! Loving your outfit for the wedding, bet you had a great time. Loving the Kew photos too. Have a lovely woyww and hopefully a creative week too. Hugs Angela x6x

Marit said...

Goodmornining Helen! I wish I could join woyww more, but life takes it's own turns and I don't have much time to be creative and/or blog lately, but it's good to be back for now and see what you're up to... aaah, buying new goodies (I could have known *grin*) I love the Seth stamps, have seen them and thought about ordering but with so little time I resisted the temptation to buy things I wouldn't be able to use soon. Have fun creating with all the new stuff! I wish you a lovely week with lots of laughter and sunshine. Oh, and did I say you look marvelous on that wedding pic? You do!! Big hug from Holland, Marit #23

Christine said...

Thanks for your visit earlier.
Great stash, I was tempted but I shall continue to shop my stash, I have building work to pay for!1
Love your wedding outfit, you look beautiful.
Enjoy the festivities.
Christine #24

Anne said...

Hi Helen. Thanks for popping by. I'm late as usual. I was busy on Wed finishing Jubilee related bits and bobs. Love your outfit for the wedding. Sounds like a lot of fun will be had with your new craft stash, enjoy. Anne x 19

craftytrog said...

A wonderful crafty haul Helen, and you look very glam at the wedding.
That sugary display looks amazing too.

Lindart said...

Wow! great stash! I always love the Paperartsy things! You look lovely in you photo, I'm glad you enjoyed the wedding, and I'm sure you are enjoying the Jubilee weekend! Lots of excitement across the pond! Thanks for your visit! Lindart #21

Susan Renshaw said...

Hope you are enjoying the bank holiday weekend!
What a lot of lovely goodies!
Happy WOYWW! Susan #16

Kyla said...

ooh some lovely new stash and looking fabulous in the dress too. Off to check out your new Kew photos
thanks for visiting my desk already
kyla

Words and Pictures said...

Plenty of lovely goodies... even though there aren't quite as many as usual - great restraint! Your wedding outfit looks fab, and I'm looking forward to visiting Kew with you!
Alison x