Wednesday 25 August 2021

WOYWW 638

Happy Wednesday,  time for WOYWW again...  Desk sharing day... well........

 Well what a week that was... shortly after last week's post my fridge freezer decided to die on me...

so my desk this week is a little crowded...


I had to clear the hall of my maisonette to give them room to bring the new fridge freezer in (and more importantly the old one, out)  


which meant moving boxes of card blanks from outside the living room into the living room... and on my workspace...

as you can see, there's quite a few... (organised by colour)  


Tuesday was the day of delivery... I warned them about the stairs up to the flat,  and the lack of space between the fitted cupboards in the kitchen..   Customer Services "that will be ok, they will lift it over the cupboard"  


er wrong...."no, we can't do that, they shouldn't have told you that"  so as they were outside ringing the office for advice and about to depart - with my new fridge freezer... I had to move the cupboard 

that one on the left -    luckily it wasn't as I thought, attached to the wall!

So with much huffing and puffing the managed to get one out, and the new one in....wrecked the carpet tiles (which I probably should get rid of anyway and have something easier to clean put down anyway)  -they never were very well stuck down anyway!

I had to go back to work so didn't have time to put the flat back to rights until after work...

so no craftiness has gone on at all this week - unless you count a bit of cupboard diy!!  


I should probably show you the new fridge freezer after all that !

the yellow of the wall is reflecting on the stainless steel effect finish.


it is gradually settling to the right temperature and it will be so good to have food that stays fresh and frozen (you would  not believe how much I had to throw away, sadly)  


I had a week of sleepless nights stressing over this, and as it turned out, justifiably so.... hopefully by the time you read this I will be fully refreshed !! 





For those of you that asked about the scribble sticks last week,  

they are quite like Neocolours, although those are wax pastels  the scribble sticks  are described on the tin as "water soluble pigments"

the work best if dipped in water or you can scribble them on your surface and then brush with  water - they don't smudge with your finger like other sticks. 

but they're good fun and match the colours of Dina's paints so you can't go wrong!


and finally, or I'll be in detention,  the Kew link..!  

as I said in the blog post,  raspberry ripple ice cream!!  (it's a dahlia)


I'll be round to see you soon  - happy desk sharing day 

Who knows, next week maybe some actual crafting will have happened.  

19 comments:

Mary Anne said...

What a saga! Glad you got it in in the end and now can get back to craftiness! I do have neocolours and don’t have scribble sticks. I must watch one of those what’s the difference videos to see if I’m missing out, but lately I’ve not leap into art journaling like I had. I’ll get back to it like I always ado I just have too much else drawing my attention lol1
Happy Woyww
Mary Anne

Ali Wade Designs said...

Happy WOYWW. So glad that your new fridge freezer is in place. Perhaps now is the time to have a refresh in your kitchen - flooring etc. Whilst shopping for the rental house, we have been looking at possible items for our own house (bought a light for our living room - had a bare bulb for the 8 years we have been living here!) and will be doing some refreshing over the coming months. I love interior design (it was a career I considered as a teenager) and now that I spend a lot of time in our home, it is even more important to have a comfortable and visually appealing space. Not seen the scribble sticks. I have something similar from another company. Ali x #2

Sarah Brennan said...

Glad you managed to get the new fridge freezer in eventually Helen. Our freezer in the garage has just dies - but it is 30 years old so has done us proud. Hope you can get straight again soon and enjoy playing again. Stay safe and happy WOYWW. Sarah #7

Neet said...

What a beautiful Dahlia.
Well, I do not envy you the f/freezer saga. What kind of men were they that let you wrestle with the cupboard - don't answer, jobs'worth I suppose. It's a nice f/freezer now that it's in and you can stick all kinds of magnets to it - that you make obviously.
Hugs, Neet 8 xx

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Well, that was more trouble than it needed to be, especially for you! I’m glad that everything is in now, hope life returns to being settled again. Those scribble sticks are great fun and that dahlia is just glorious!
Hugs LLJ 4 xxx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Pleased you managed to get your new fridge freezer in the end but can't believe the delivery men, surely they have dealt with difficult spaces before. I shall watch you use the scribble sticks as I bought some ages okay and haven't used them and can't even remember what encouraged me to want them Lol! Have a lovely woyww, whatever you choose to do. Hugs, Angela x9x

Christine said...

You poor thing, never much good communication between departments I always found. I'm surprised they left you to move the cupboard . . suppose it's the elves fault!! Never mind your back.
Enjoy your fresh and flavoursome foods
Christine #14

Caro said...

You poor thing, what a saga and such a shame about having to throw away food. Love the raspberry ripple dahlia! Happy WOYWW. Take care and stay safe, With Love & God Bless, Caro xxx (#15)

Shoshi said...

Oh my goodness, Helen, what a palava! You poor thing. I think you are amazing, coping with all that on your own. What a shame there was nobody to help you. Anyway, I am glad you've now got a spanking new posh fridge freezer which I hope will give you many years of service, although I have a pretty jaundiced view of that subjct, just having replaced my iron after only four years! Nothing is built to last these days. I'm not surprised you haven't had any time for crafting. You must be exhausted! I hope you are now able to sleep better and catch up a bit, and I'm glad you had a bit of Kew Therapy to keep you going too!

Happy WOYWW,
Shoshi x #11

Stacy Sheldon said...

Oh YAY, for a new fridge Helen. ( that was such an adventure when we had none and were hauling home dry ice to try and keep milk and such while we waited on the new appliance) ( they had to take the door off it to get it through the front door.) and it has never been completely straight since. but, its not horrible to see at first glance and the store was unconcerned about that. I cannot even imagine how hard that was for you all to get it up a flight of stairs. I will say I do not miss the days of carpet though, since we usually have a dog in the house its much easier to get the hair off wood and tile. Hopefully the playtime will commence again soon, I smiled over the petals new name. ~Stacy #20

StampinCarol said...

That's quite the ordeal to get the fridge/freezer in! Hope you're all caught up on relaxing. Enjoy those scribble sticks! They look interesting! Have a wonderful week and thanks for popping by!
Carol N #19

BJ said...

What a palaver but glad you got the fridge/freezer sorted.
Customer "services" eh!
Thanks for the visit BJ#17

Shoshi said...

Thank you for your return visit, Helen. I agree - the iron does look a bit like a curling stone! Mum and Dad used to have a magnificent pair either side of their fireplace which came from my grandmother's house in Scotland. Unfortunately they had to be sold as none of us had room for them when she came to live with us. A rotten time for the fridge freezer to break down, when the weather is hot!! Glad it's all running nicely now, though. I know you have to leave them to acclimatise themselves to their new environment before you can use them. Hope replacing all the food isn't too expensive!

Shoshi x

Dorlene Durham said...

Oh my what a huge ordeal! Glad it all worked out. Good to see your desk this week. Dorlene #22

Elizabeth said...

My goodness, what an upheaval you've had! But your new fridge/freezer is a beauty and well worth the trouble it's caused.

And that looks like an awful lot of card blanks to work through too. Should keep you busy for many months to come.

The dahlia is a beauty.

Have a great week. Hugs, Elizabeth x #24

Felicia said...

Ohhhhh Helen, what a mess!!! I had to do that at the beginning of this year as well, although I didn't have quite the fun you had!!! LOLOL Bless you!! I hope the new fridge is settling in well and maybe the tile debacle will bring on something new there as well? LOLOL Thanks for the description on the sticks. I am a tried and true Neocolor fan, so I am not sure I could take Dina's on, but one never knows with us crafters! LOL That raspberry ripple ice cream is to die for! SOSOOOO gorgeous! Thank you for always sharing the Kew photos us with, they take my breath away! Sorry getting around so late this week, again....hee hee, but thank you for stopping by my desk! Blessings Helen, Felicia #21

Twiglet said...

Gorgeous dahlia, Nothing ever goes smoothly any more does it. You would think swapping one item for a new one would be straight forward. Thank goodness you managed it in the end. Hopefully you can chill and relax with a nice long, cool drink with a few ice cubes! xx Jo

Susan Renshaw said...

Oh my goodness - glad you managed to get the new fridge freezer in palce in the end! It reminds me of when we ordered a settee from Ikea. When they talked about delivery they said we would have to take the window out... Needless to say we went to Next...
Happy WOYWW!
Stay safe and keep well!
Susan #5
Calling All Crafters! – My Blog!

Lindart said...

Wow, quite the fridge adventure! It looks like an awesome fridge! We will need a new one soon as well, I'm sure. I've workd with Neocolours before, but not the Dina Wakely sticks. I wonder if Michael's carries them here? They really do pop on the black! What a beautiful flower! Thanks for your visit last week, sorry I wasn't able to get back to you :-( have a great week! Lindart #25