Sunday 2 June 2019

the WOYWW 10th anniversary crop

I know Jan posted her pics yesterday but I got home from Margaret's in Wales at 3 (about an hour ago) and here I am posting mine! (watching the recording of the Liverpool win in the Champions League final whilst I do...)
 I travelled with Margaret, Mrs D (Chris) and Camilla (pictured)  from Rhos on Sea, through some fabulous Welsh scenery (separate post on the "other" blog to follow)

bagged a table and went to get tea and cake.. start as you  mean to go on.
 Sarah came to join us on our table, and it was great to see different people some of whom I'd not met before at earlier crops, this is the first one I'd made on it's journey into Wales.


Sarah and I had a good natter about football
 Mrs D proving it is possible to craft one-handed
 before I settled down to crafting I wandered round for some random shots!

Christine in her fab pink hair is hard to miss and PJ had his train with him


 Margaret, Caro and Annie (Wipso) chatting away as atcs are swapped
 Anne (Copper Beech Craft) Jo (Twiglet) and Neet with her back to me


time to get crafting  chatting

Caro was a newbie to the crop and it was so nice to sit and chat with her too

 Mrs D and Margaret - she was edging a crochet'd blanket and feeling rather warm under it!
 Margaret chatting to Jan (LLJ) who was on photo duty, she did a grand job as you'll have seen

Caro getting down to crafting
 lunchtime already!  we'd barely demolished any of the cake by then,  but what a spread Jo and Annie put on.

Shaz deciding what to have..

 lovely to see Chris (PearshapedChris) who turned up during the proceedings, was lovely to see her again.  she's having a good catch up with Margaret.
 the girls put on a photo booth this time... had to get Gordon and Doug in costume!


 after lunch I went for another wander... Catriona (another newbie) talking to Jo, Wipso is talking to Elizabeth (Silverscrapper and the EM) who'd driven down from Scotland (so had Catriona) - great dedication to the cause!



 Zsuzsa managed to pop in for a little while, it was lovely she could make it - here she is talking to Christine.
Neet taking pics on her tablet whilst Heather is examining some atcs


 Jo and Annie made a fabulous banner... now, who's going to host next year?


 getting ready for the obligatory group shot...No, Julia, you're the wrong side of the camera...





  thanks to Doug who took most of the photos for everyone whilst Gordon was doing the "official" ones for Jan

l to r top row.. Shaz, Christine, Chris, Sarah, Camilla, Zsuzsa, Annie,  Heather, Jo, Margaret, PJ (hiding behind) Anne, Caro, Elizabeth Neet and Catriona    (edited the list sorry Annie! )

seated - me, Mrs D, Julia, Jan, Dolores and Maggie C


 one two three smile!

 finally everyone's phone or camera had been used... back to cake/crafting!


 as it was the 10th birthday the girls had a surprise - Prosecco for a toast and a special cake (cos we hadn't eaten enough yet)


Jan ended up with two!  as you do...
Cheers!



 Jo made a lovely speech which was lovely but Julia, do you have something in your eye, lol!!

every word was heartfelt and much deserved!


 Chief photographer snapping the cake...
it was worse than a wedding!

 go on Julia, stab it!

 of course the Queen of Desks had to have a tiara on her cake!






 then it was time for a little pressie....



 Snoop Queen, WOYWW 10 in case you can't read it fully
 Cheers!!!   Julia gets the right of reply!



 photographing the photographers...

 Queen Julia has been crowned

 Shaz and Zsuzsa





all too soon it was time to pack up..
I am sure the boot of Margaret's car wasn't this full a few hours earlier!!

here is the link to the scenic bit!


12 comments:

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Helen, fabulous set of photos! We did have an amazing day didn't we? But then we always do. Was so nice to meet some new faces too. Hope you had a good journey home, Hugs, Shaz X

Sarah Brennan said...

It was a great day wasn't it. So pleased Liverpool topped the day off positively for you. Hope to see you at another crop before too long.

Lin said...

Looks like you had a smashing weekend great post

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I LOVE seeing the day from someone else’s point of view and your pics are brilliant. And I love the photo of me and the Prosecco! Thank you for coming, it was fantastic to catch up again! Off to look at your scenic pics now!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I was pouring over each and every photo, many of them very different from Jan's. I was absolutely thrilled to see these because even if I can't be at the crop, at least I felt like I was there in spirit. Wonderful photos and I take it Julia did a bit of happy crying along the way.

PaperArtsy said...

Ohhh how lovely!! I can’t believe it’s 10 years already!!! What great friends you have all become! How fabulous! Xx

Mrs-D said...

Lovely pics Helen, great to spend time with you over the weekend. And the day was brilliant.
Chris

Annie said...

Really fab pics Helen. It was so lovely to meet you in person....even if you weren’t as tall as I expected 😀 ....and even though you missed me out in the group photo 😂😂😂😂😂😂
Here’s to the next time.
Hugs,
Annie x

Kyla said...

Fantastic so sorry I missed it but some great photos and a well deserved tiara for the Queen of desks too
Kyla

brenda said...

Looks and sounds like a good time was had by all. Great outcome Saturday and amazing parade yesterday.

B x

Lucy Edmondson said...

What a lovely write up and pics, Helen, looks like a great day! Xx

Twiglet said...

Wow - Helen well done! What a fab set of photos although I think I might have "a bit of work done" if I am to feature so heavily next time - lol!! So great to meet you. xx Jo