Sunday 3 February 2019

Journal play time

So I had to use my new Wildflower die by Tim Holtz - the Bigz one...  the individual flowers measure about 6 inches so quite a bit bigger than the regular images.

I cut a few from different papers from my rather large stash (still taking care not to use favourite stroking only pages...)

 I started by sponging lightly some brown shades of distress oxide to get a bit of rough colour on the page, I didn't want total coverage.

I then added some Dreamweaver crackle paste through the Crafters Workshop brick wall stencil and let it dry.  I didn't think it's crackled much, it's a very subtle crackle but it is there
 I added some distress oxides to some of the die cuts (I had done one on plain card stock but added some extra colour to some of the patterned paper too)


 once happy with the layout I glued them down (at least with the Bigz dies they are a whole heap less fiddly to glue than the thinlet wildflowers






Added some stamping (Kaisercraft script) in Peat Moss archival ink and some rings using ground espresso on a bottle top
 Used the smaller of the tattered butterfly die, this was on a different sheet of paper to the flowers that had some mauvey script in the print, so I smooshed the butterfly in some purple distress oxide
edged the border with ground espresso DO and added chitchat stickers for the sentiment




9 comments:

Hazel Agnew said...

What would we do without Oxides! Love your creation Helen. Top notch. Love how you have allowed the butterfly to stand out more than the flowers. Created great balance! Xx 😀

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I don't think I've even seen oxides in our craft stores in the states, but I'm sure they are there. I love the crackle wall and the flowers. But that butterfly is simply stunning.

Miriam said...

Oh Helen. This is beautiful. It has a lovely soft vintage feel to it.

Lisa said...

This is beautiful Helen x

brenda said...

Ticks all my boxes Helen.

B x

craftytrog said...

Gorgeous page Helen!

Words and Pictures said...

A really gorgeous page! (I shouldn't say so, really, as I've just been doing something quite similar this morning... I've got some of the new thinlits flowers against an Antique Linen wall! But it won't be on the blog for a while yet - other exciting things have to happen first - bet you can't guess what!)

I love the natural colour tones on your flowers, and the Bigz ones do look tempting. Oh dear!
Alison x

Virginia said...

Oh that's lovely, I haven't done any journalling for a while - might get my book out!

Claire said...

LOVE this gorgeous journal page!!
xxx