Monday 20 October 2014

Those part done journal pages..

these journal pages from WOYWW on Wednesday, have sat on my floor for days, for about a week and I got fed up looking at them, so decided to try and finish them off...

 it looked a bit like this for a while too!
Marlin Fresco with Chalk (probably, I started it so long ago)

Didn't take any more photos along the way... various stamps on the right, then the strips of paper on the right, are leftover from the masterboard I used for Julie Ann's birthday card in September.
I added some Grunge Paste through Lin's circle stencil on the left, and just with paint on the right page.

added some daubs of Plum Fresco over the grunge paste but it looks a bit odd in the photo - a bit better in real life! and stamped some of the words from the Clarity word chain sets Lin and I got at Ally Pally, trimmed and edged with Plum Fresco.

Not very happy with the page on the left, quite like the one on the right!  Glad these are done, and I did wonder about showing them, but there are some good bits amongst the bad!

8 comments:

Lin said...

oh I like these pages Helen the colours are gorgeous..I used that stencil recently...love it!!

Deborah Wainwright said...

Great colours Helen and I love the sentiment. Not done a journal page for ages, love your! Xx

massofhair said...

Great journal pages! :-) x

brenda said...

Looks like some lovely inky indulgence here Helen.

B x

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Actually, I like the page on the left better than the one on the right. That's why art is SO subjective. Although I like both, the one on the left caught my eye in the first photo and didn't disappoint in the second.

Now I'm off to the KEW.

Julie Lee said...

I love those words - the font is great! I actually like both pages too! I really must get back to doing some journalling again myself: it's been ages. Where does the time go? xx

pearshapedcrafting said...

Wow Helen, I absolutely adore this! Such a fabulous combination of colour, stamps and words! Chrisx

Art By Wanda said...

The pages are wonderful and look great as a spread!!!