Sunday 12 October 2014

Journalling my way back to Paris..

I've been meaning to journal (or scrap, is probably a more appropriate term) some more of my Paris photos for a while, and (I wasn't putting off starting my Christmas cards, at all, how very dare you!) I have done another one today.

I had printed out some photos of Notre Dame when I stayed with Julia for the WOYWW crop in May and used one here, with some more mementoes of the trip.  If you fancy revisiting the rest of the photos, Notre Dame is on this post here
 To protect the page and to prevent anything seeping through to the pages beneath that are already completed, I gesso'd the page first, then applied a thin layer of Antarctic Fresco, then used the Stencil Girl stencil with Stone Fresco, and mixed a small amount of Tikka Fresco into the leftover Stone, to add a few highlights of the mixed colour, through the stencil.
I had to use this stencil, as it complements the staggeringly beautiful architecture of Notre Dame, perfectly.
the fleur-de-lis is from Technique Tuesday, stamped along the top and bottom in Potting Soil archival, using both first and second generation printing.
the sentiment in the middle is a Tim Holtz one.
 added the photograph and a Metro ticket,
 and snipped out a piece from a French brochure we picked up in the hotel, about the Cathedral, and a piece of the city map
"remember" is from my Clarity Word Stamp set I got at Ally Pally.

Lovely memories of a great trip with friends. April - seems so long ago already!

Thanks for looking.

15 comments:

sam21ski said...

Fab page, but such a shame you've had to cover up so much of that fabulous stencil - great memories, seems sooooo long ago now!!

xxx

brenda said...

I lovely way to record your trip and photos Helen.

Have a good Sunday.

B x

Unknown said...

Fab page hunni. Great way to remember your trip! X

Artmadnana said...

Oh Helen! I really love this page. A real travelogue journal page. Want to see more of this journal please.

Artmadnana said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Julie Lee said...

Great stencil, perfect for this journal page. Can't wait to see more of those Paris photos. What a lovely time you must have had. Julie Ann xx

jojo79 said...

The stencil works perfectly with your page. A great reminder of your trip x

Hettie said...

I am liking your scrapbook page. That was one place in Paris that did live up to expectation. Quite alot didnt though.
Hugs
xx

pearshapedcrafting said...

Not that you could ever forget, but this is a fabulous reminder! The stencil makes the perfect background for your page. Hope there will be more! Hugs, Chrisx

Art By Wanda said...

A wonderful page, Helen!!!!!!!!!!

craftytrog said...

Fab layout Helen! xxx

Neet said...

Fab way to record such a great time. I just lurve that stencil!

Hugs, Neet xx

Carmen said...

This s gorgeous - just love those subtle windows in the background and the addition of the map :)

Kirsten said...

Wonderful page!

Paula J Atkinson said...

Fabulous page!