Monday 4 August 2014

Word Play - a challenge for Country View

Hi, there.  Country View Crafts Challenge blog has a new challenge called "Word Play" chosen by the supremely talented and very lovely, Alison Bomber.

I've created a journal page.

 I started by brayering Fresco Paperartsy paint on my journal (A4, Seawhite so you can get an idea of the size) - think it's Beach Hut, but started this a few days ago just for fun and I didn't make a note!

Stencilled Peacoat (the opaque version) with the JoFY flower stencil
and when that was dry, overlaid one of Lin Brown's bubble/spot stencils over the flower stencil on some of the flowers and sponged Snowflake (with the same piece of cut and dry I used for the Peacoat, so some of the colour has come through too)
 and on the remaining flowers stencilled some script in Snowflake - I didn't keep the flower stencil in place this time, and just rolled the stamp without a block
by now I'd decided to use this page for the Word Play challenge (grin) so it was time for some words!!  I used the Sara Naumann Paperartsy set ESN08  and black archival ink.   To fill some of the gaps I used the JoFY mini stamp Lovebirds, but masked one bird each time so I didn't get both together. Coloured them with a mixture of Yellow Submarine Fresco and Sharpie markers.

I hope you like it!

5 comments:

Virginia said...

gorgeous page! I love the colour and the contrast with the stamped image!

Anonymous said...

I love the little birds! It's a gorgeous page.

sam21ski said...

Those yellow birds really make the page pop, but I do like your wordings too, another great page xx

sam21ski said...

Those yellow birds really make the page pop, but I do like your wordings too, another great page xx

Words and Pictures said...

Terrific pages, Helen - I love the layers, and that fabulous stencilled Snowflake script on the flower petals. Great word play with your word equation too...Thanks so much for playing along with us at Country View Challenges.
Alison xx