Saturday 19 April 2014

Darcy inspired journal page - Month 3

I'm a bit late getting my month 3 journal page completed (or started, truth be told) but there are still a few days left to enter Darcy's journal page for her Paperartsy challenge (check here for all the details); but with the long Easter weekend I've managed it!

This month, we've been using book text for texture, tinted and stamped into grunge paste, mixed translucent Fresco paints, white pen highlights, stencilling and adding shadows with stencils, and much more...

 I followed Darcy's instructions so won 't repeat them here, just add the photos so you get the idea of the steps.

 Kind of wish I'd left it here, as I really like it at this stage, wasn't so happy with where it went from here, in parts anyway.








the finished pages.  Entering Darcy's challenge here
 

16 comments:

Hazel Agnew said...

Oooo, it's fabulous Helen. I liked that early stage too but it came out fab in the end. Xx

Gabrielle said...

Gosh! That's fabulous! Love how you've interpreted the theme!

Virginia said...

I liked the mid stage but also loved where it finished as well!

Deborah Wainwright said...

Great Journal page Helen. Xx

Darcy Marshall said...

Looks fabulous.... and now you have a record of the stages you can always go back and do that mid stage on another page. That's what all these layers are about, exploring and adventuring into the unknown. Some work and some don't, but finding out what you don't like is just as important as finding out the ones you do like. It all turned out great, I like your end page.

Words and Pictures said...

Love these pages, Helen - glorious colours, and so great to see the close-ups of all those yummy textures and layers - wow!
Alison xx

sam21ski said...

Wow you've been busy today, 3rd post and I'm working backwards. Love the bright colours and great page layout.

Sam xx

Jacqui Chimes said...

It's really great Helen

Lynn Holland said...

I really enjoyed seeing the build up of your pages. You've also inspired me to show some of my work in the same way. Thanks Helen.

craftimamma said...

I have to say I like where you ended up with your pages very much. I especially like the right hand page. Colours are fab!

Hugs
Lesley Xx

craftytrog said...

Your pages look fabulous Helen! Hoping to have time to play this week.
Alison x

Anonymous said...

Blimey, that looks great.

Lori said...

Fabulous, Helen! Love all the colors and abstract design!

Ruth said...

Great step by step photos, fab result, love it!

Jules said...

Really lovely page! Love all the step by step photos of how you made the page :)

Janet said...

Gorgeous pages Helen & great photos