Sunday 22 December 2013

Gift wrap...

Hi, happy Sunday-before-Christmas... eek!  Hope you're all ready for the big day?!  I finally got my shopping finished yesterday, now is the wrapping - which I used to love, although I'm not a neat wrapper...

I had to make something to put some monetary gifts in, and wasn't happy with the gift bags I made for Joanne's challenge the other week, they were too squashed... so I took a couple of no 10 sized tags and got decorating...

 I used the large background from Wendy Vecchi's Art of Making it Merry set, which is a lovely script of Christmas greetings.  Stamped it in Watering Can archival to cover the tag, back and front..
I then sponged over some watered down Snowflake Fresco paint to push the stamping into the background.
 stamped the tiny pine branch from Tim Holtz's mini holidays set, in Fern Green archival,
 wrote the message inside and tied the gift in with ribbon,
and a greeting (also Tim H)  on the back
and some die cut reindeer to the front.

attached the ribbon with Tim's tiny attacher so they'll be easy to open. I may wrap these further to prolong the surprise, rather than just putting them in envelopes or leaving them like this.

Now the real challenge - finding enough space to wrap some bigger presents!!



** edited a few hours later... wrapping done!

12 comments:

sam21ski said...

Great little tag gift pouches Helen, I'm sure the recipients will love them and also what's inside of course - lol

Sam xx

massofhair said...

These are really lovely Helen. Love the reindeer:-)

brenda said...

Beautiful work as always Helen, thanks so much for your inspiration and friendship in 2013 and wishing you and yours a wonderful Christmas.

Top of the tree at the moment and a new contract as well !!

B x

Anonymous said...

Helen, they're wonderful! Well done for completing your gift wrapping.

Julie Lee said...

These look great! What a fabulous idea! Have a Very Merry Christmas, Helen and a super 2014! Thank you for being one of my first followers back in April 2013. Your inspirational posts, always witty and honest, and your kind comments have contributed to making blogging highly enjoyable. Enjoy your Christmas! Julie Ann xx

fairy thoughts said...

Hi H
They are a great idea I will remember them for the future. Well done with the wrapping, I finished mine this morning although yesterday I wrapped 120..... Yes 120 pressies now my girls all have partners I have 8 stockings to fill bit this maybe the last year I do it .... Just too much
Janet

Sarah Anderson said...

What a clever idea, those money tags!
Happy Christmas :)

Deborah Wainwright said...

Helen I love these really nice way to give money or gift cards xx

Carmen said...

What a brilliant idea Helen! I'm nicking this next year - I just popped our money/voucher gifts in an envelope and then wrapped the envelope! Nowhere near as pretty as this!

Happy Christmas!

JoZart Designs said...

Happy Christmas H ! Thanks for all the fun and friendship!
Jo x

Words and Pictures said...

Absolutely love your gift voucher holders, Helen - right up my street... I love the texty background and fabulous green pine branches.

Wishing you and yours a very merry Christmas... see you on the other side!
Alison xx

craftytrog said...

Love those gift tags Helen, great idea!
Happy Christmas!
Alison x