Wednesday 16 October 2013

DragonsDream - TIO - 152

Hi, welcome to the DragonsDream - we invite you to a new recipe - of my choosing this fortnight (and I have to say sorry to the other girls, I was very late setting it... hope I'm not the only one playing along!)
My theme is a TV show of your choice, fabric, cream/neutral colours and bling or sparkles.

My TV programme I chose was Downton Abbey and I used some long forgotten stamps from my stash (I can't remember who they're by now!)
 I took a jumbo tag and stencilled some mini dots with the new Fresco paint from Paperartsy, Caramel, and then over-stencilled with Vanilla. I randomly stamped the Hero Arts "style is eternal" stamp over the tag.



I stamped the ladies on white card (I tried to stamp on fabric but came a-cropper when trying to paint them!) and painted with watered down Frescos in Caramel and Antarctic. I used watercolour pencils for their trimmings.
    I used some of the wool I bought when I was away on my crafty weekend, for my fabric... love this bobbly texture - not sure how easy it would be to knit with though! Good job I didn't buy it for that purpose....

I topped and bottomed the tag with the wool, sticking it simply with glossy accents glue.
My bling comes in the form of gems for their belts/flower accessories.



Today would have been my Mum's birthday, and as she was born in 1923, the style of these dresses seems very appropriate!!

6 comments:

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Wow, a very elegant tag. Great image and background.

craftytrog said...

Gorgeous!!! x

Anonymous said...

You've certainly given me something to think about, good thing we have a few weeks. :) Your tag is gorgeous, I love the background.

May said...

Fabulous tag Helen... Love the recipe.. your two ladies are very elegant.. Love your choice of TV show... I do watch this one... Love it!! Hugs May x x x

craftimamma said...

Love your tag with it's 'Downton' connections. Gorgeous stamp of the ladies and I love the subtle background.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

That's a beautiful tag. I have an image, although it isn't stamped, that I might use that's similar to one of your ladies. I am drawn to that era, too, because from what I've read, women in America were finally coming into their own. It's sad that after nearly 100 years, we are still devalued in the workplace. But at least the fashions were SO sleek and stylish.

You did a marvelous job with that tag. I like that bumpy yarn, too, but would also use it like you have.

I've never seen Downton Abby, although I know a lot of people watch it. Do you get it on PBS (public broadcasting station)? That's where it's shown in the States.