Monday 19 August 2013

Crafty Boots - It's Christmas!! in August....

Hi all. My teamie Sandra, for Crafty Boots, wants us to celebrate Christmas early this year... It goes against the grain a bit, to be honest as I can't get in the Christmas swing till - oh, November normally, lol!! But in the event I had bought a  new Christmas background stamp at a show last month so it seemed appropriate to give it an inking..

I took a deckle-edged card blank and stamped my background (it's a clear stamp by Woodware) in red archival ink and then added a Christmas tree (Denami designs) which I stamped on a piece of thinnish white card with Pine Cone ink by Versacolor. I cut it out and scribbled a glue pen over the tree, adding some microfine glitter. Glitter, AND Christmas, in August... eek!!    Still, it's one off the list for later in the year!

Hope you have fun with this theme this fortnight.

10 comments:

Stephie Boots said...

Oh Helen I love what you've done with that tree!!! I normally make my cards in the few days before Christmas so it seems very unnatural this early too!! xxx

Mrs Beez said...

Love that background stamp and the sparkly tree on top is perfect.x

CraftygasheadZo said...

It's fab, that's a super background. Great work lovely. Take care Zo xxx

Dee's Craft Room said...

Fabulous Christmas card, I love the touch of glitter.

Dionne xx

craftytrog said...

Great start to your festive crafting Helen! Can't bring myself to say the 'C' word yet! ;o) x

sam21ski said...

Bit early for me still, but very effective indeed

Sam xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

This card is elegant enough, yet simple enough, it would make a super card to send to everyone on your list this year. I LOVE it, although I'm like you and don't really want to think the C word just yet.

Neet said...

Great card Helen and I am a bit like you - November! Hope you inspire me to make a start although I have said all mine are going to be production line ones this year.
Can't find your last week's WOYWW so commenting here instead as i am playing catch up.
Hugs, Neet xx

Words and Pictures said...

Oh, I love that text stamp with all the different fonts - very cool! Very effective card...
Alison x

Pia S said...

Cool! Love the modern look of the tree against the red and white background. Great!