Sunday 18 August 2013

Art is blooming....

.... I am fairly sure (!!) this will be my third and final post today - I think 3 is more than enough for you all to plough through...

It started once again with the remaining paint from my first post of the day, the "thank you" for Paperartsy... I don't like waste, so always brush any spare paint onto a new journal page... and then later on I finished it off... using some new stamps in the process.

I kept to the pastel colours I'd used on the earlier piece, and added some grunge paste to one page through the harlequin stencil, and using Very Berry Fresco through the mini Art Is stencil on both, taking care not to go over the grunge paste.

Using cut and dry foam, added some Butternut Fresco to the grunge paste, sanded that, added some Moonlight too, and sanded that as well.

On the left hand page I used Butternut through the harlequin stencil to complement the grunge paste on the other side.

Then I used Blood Orange and Hyde Park on the stamps from Lin Brown's newest stamp set (ELB04 for Paperartsy)
 Stamped the Art in Bloom (ELB01) twice in black.

Thought it needed something else, so used my London Night Memento ink (pale grey) and the little script stamp from Clocks 1 (ink and the dog) plate, randomly in some of the gaps.
 

right, that's it for me, I need a cup of tea!!

8 comments:

sam21ski said...

Ooooh very random, love it. Very Waterloo sunset again too!!!

Sam xxx

Lin said...

Well this is bloomin' nice Helen lol!!!

Anonymous said...

That's lovely, great colour choices.

Krisha said...

Great pages Helen! Love the soft water color look to it.

Julie Lee said...

3 posts! Well done you! I love the colours and textures on this. It seems like you've been having a great, creative time lately after all the adjusting to a new job! Do hope this continues. Julie Ann xx

BJ said...

What a busy bunny you have been today Helen! Super pages. I have just blogged my Alpha page, bet you can't guess the special day - LOL BJ

fairy thoughts said...

Hi h
I think you needed more than a cup of tea after all that lovely painting
Janet

Words and Pictures said...

Lovely pages - the background is beautiful with that blushing colour spreading across it, and the stencilling and stamping is so pretty!
Alison x