Saturday 1 December 2012

Multiple Journal pages!

Brrr! it is so cold today, I decided not to go out anywhere and instead stayed inside tweaking the journal pages I've been working on over the last few evenings.

Firstly, the ones I showed on Wednesday that I wasn't happy with. Like them more now!

I did as suggested, add some gesso to tone down the colour a bit, and then some circles of paint (using the stickles lid again)

The stamped text for both these is stamped on Paperartsy Crackly paper which is then painted white on the reverse.



Seem to be in a pinky/orange mood today! Used red, purple and orange Dylusion sprays and then stencilled some flowers with ripe persimmon and seedless preserves distress, and then added some white paint (Paperartsy Fresco) in diagonals over the background before adding the stamping.

There is unbelievably, another pinky page I'm working on, but that isn't finished yet!

11 comments:

Gabrielle said...

Pink and orange suit you my lovely! Clearly I being blinking cold outside does wonders for your creativity! Love it!

Hettie said...

Love the colours here Helen.
xx

Inkypinkycraft said...

some great pages..with bright and warm colours! trace x

penibear said...

Thanks for visiting and commenting on my blog! I love your journal page, I have about 3000 pics to put in my next Alice journal, so I'd better get on with it. Love your background, btw, am now searching for it so I can pinch it, hope you don't mind :)
More Alice, The Tour coming soon , cheers Penny xx

brenda said...

Such a clever fusion of colours and stamping Helen. Another win and we may even push ourselves into the top half of the table.

B x

Julia Dunnit said...

That second page is a it like looking through a frost window..or am I being incredibly seasonally adjusted today!!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! Great colour combos.

Alison said...

Wonderful pages & brilliant sentiments Helen! The colours are gorgeous! x

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Hi Helen, great journal ages, love the circles and all the layers of interest. Great colour choice too. Tracy x

Kyla said...

Nice, especially the last one, I love the swipe of orange....if Julia's being festive then so will I, the colours remind me a little of mulled wine!

Kyla

Carmen said...

Loving these. I too am loving the pink/orange combo - reminds me of trifle which I have been fancying for DAYS! Love the techniques you use, must start jotting them down to try out!