Wednesday 26 December 2012

Dragons Dream - Tag It On - Behind Closed Doors

We are probably all tucked up safe behind closed doors right now, enjoying the festivities with our loved ones. Well, I hope so anyway!

This fortnight, Blackdragon has chosen the DragonsDream recipe "Behind Closed Doors" and your ingredients are, a door, a key and a lock.  Make sure you check out what the rest of the team dream up!


I made a door from a piece of kraft card I put through the Big Shot with the woodgrain embossing folder (Tim Holtz) as I couldn't find my door stamp anywhere! (and I didn't have time to take all the stamp drawers out to find it) I then sprayed it with the Melted Chocolate Dylusion spray and blended on some distress ink (gathered twigs) before sanding it lightly with a sanding block.  I used a paper fastener for the door knob and found a key in my stash. The lock was harder, this was all I had....

I decided with it being Boxing Day today (well it will be by the time this is published) the only person who could be behind the closed door, was Santa (a Tim Holtz one.  I stamped him on white card scrap, used a red gel pen for his hat and used puff paint for his beard, though the flash I had to use doesn't allow that to show!

Anyhow, hope you all had a fantastic day yesterday and that you can join in with the challenge. You have 2 weeks, as usual.

6 comments:

Lori said...

Fab tag Helen, love the door! Hope you had a wonderful Christmas! We ate far too much, as always...lol..

Silvia(Barnie) said...

A wonderful tag, love Santa peeking behind the door.

Spyder said...

Happy New Year, hope you had a fab Christmas!! Best Wishes and Cheers!!!

Great Tag
((Lyn)))

Anonymous said...

Great tag, Santa looks very cute, peeping out from behind the door.

flutterbycrafter said...

Great tag, hope you had a wonderful Christmas xx

Monique's art said...

Love the santa so cute. Fab tag