Monday 30 May 2011

Simon Says - show your favourite stamp

Yikes - this is a challenge and a half - ONE favourite stamp?? Who is Linda trying to kid... lol! Anyhow, Simon Says Show your Favourite Stamp is indeed this week's theme so I had to try and decide which it was.... it changes regularly.  I know lots of you will be surprised I didn't choose a Wendy or a Tim stamp!! (So am I...)

 However, I love flourishes and this Paperartsy one is gorgeous (from the Hotpicks 5 set)

I painted a canvas (5x7inches) with Paperartsy Fresco Finish paint (LOVE that paint!) in Honey Dew and a light brushing with Guacamole .

Stamped the flourish 4 times in the corners with black archival ink.

I die cut (paperartsy again!) some flowers out of Clearly for Art in white and clear and painted them with the same colours of paint as the canvas.  Stamped the flourish on the CFA and heated it to bend the petals.

Added some strips of tissue tape and 'dream' - stamp by Impression Obsession  - on the canvas.  Fixed the flowers to the canvas with silicone glue (which is what I used to stick the layers - and the pearls - with).
OK - now for Grungy Monday!!

9 comments:

Alison said...

Ooh! That's gorgeous Helen! xx

Twiglet said...

Blogger wouldn't let me play on WOYWW so I am catching up now! What a lot of lovely things you have been busy with. I love the flowery card on this post. x Jo

Unknown said...

That stamp is in my top 10 too ... LOVE your flowers ... Now fingers crossed this is actually going to post :0)

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Love the canvas Helen, gorgeous colours and those flowers are very striking. Tracy x

Lesley said...

Lovin that canvas.....so very pretty. It would ever so nice in y house! ;o))

Zoechaos said...

Your canvas is gorgeous and the stamp you chose so adaptable. XOXO Zoe

Netty said...

Terrific canvas. Annette x

Lori said...

Ya, what' up with no Tim or Wendy? lol! Love that stamp, and your flowers are GORGEOUS! Thanks for joining the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge!

Terry said...

Thanks you for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge Blog with your favourite stamp and your wonderfull flowers wowzersss Hugs Terry xxxx