Saturday, 14 May 2011

Everything Wendy Vecchi - yahoo challenge 12

How glad am I that blogger is back - I lost a post for a while but it's back now - some of the comments have gone, but I think I had read them all before the problem happened, so thanks if you left one that has now gone!

This week, our list leader Lori set the yahoo group a challenge to make a piece of art based on Wendy's first book, page 32 - but if you don't have the book that's ok - as long as you're a group member (click here to join) - make something using stamping on patterned paper and a bookplate.

Well, I kind of cheated with the bookplate as I am nearly out of Tim's idea-ology bookplates but the substitute is from his early Distressables range (how long must I have had that!!) and technically it's probably a frame but I punched some holes in it and hope it will pass muster. Necessity is the mother of invention, and all that!

Oh, suppose I'd better show you the card.....
I started with a black base card, approx 5x5. I took a piece of Basic Grey paper - had to find something in the paper stash boxes that matched the "bookplate" for colour - and stamped a Wendy flourish in coffee archival along the bottom. Stamped 'dream' from part of one of Wendy's sentiments on a white scrap and stuck it behind the bookplate.  It was a bit shiny, so I sanded it down and inked it with antique linen and crushed olive distress inks. Added some Wendy dots randomly (without mounting it on a block for a bit of freedom of movement!)
The other sentiment is Wendy's too, and I added one of Tim's flowers from his trimmings, inked with some distress - it was crushed olive to start with but after the first photo I took it blended in to the background too much, so I added some tea dye, and now it shows up better!

So, hope you like it - come over and have a look round the group - join, why don't you!! Last week there was a randomly drawn prize for the challenge and I was lucky enough to win, so thanks again to Lori for that and this week's challenge too.

I have burbled on too long and am missing Dr Who so I must go.  Later on it's the bad music fest that is Eurovision so that's my evening's viewing sorted!

9 comments:

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Great card, love the BasicGrey paper, sure I have some of that somewhere buried deep, the things we store LOL. Love the little added flower and the sentiment too. Tracy x

Sherry Goodloe said...

Happy weekend Helen! Love your card creation. Nice . . . very nice. xo

Netty said...

Terrific card Helen. Annette x

Lesley said...

Love the card Helen....really must get a shifty on with mine!!!

Marjie K said...

Beautiful card... love that BG paper and the Wendy stamps along the bottom!

Artyjen said...

Dr. Who and Eurovision? Yeh! You go girl.
xoxo Sioux
Sorry one too many cava's ;)

Wanda H said...

A wonderful card, Helen!!!

Eileen said...

Very lovely creation Helen! Glad to have your company in the album, LOL.

Shar said...

Very pretty!